Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

5 posters

A Celebration of Worship at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim

Poll

Will you be attending Star Wars Celebration Anaheim?

[ 1 ]
    A Celebration of Worship at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim I_vote_lcap20%A Celebration of Worship at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim I_vote_rcap [20%] 
    [ 4 ]
    A Celebration of Worship at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim I_vote_lcap80%A Celebration of Worship at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim I_vote_rcap [80%] 
    [ 0 ]
    A Celebration of Worship at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim I_vote_lcap0%A Celebration of Worship at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim I_vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 5
    HeroMin
    HeroMin

Activity : 15
    Geek-Cred : 0

A Celebration of Worship at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim Empty A Celebration of Worship at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim

Post  HeroMin June 12th 2014, 6:26 am

Hello, I'm new to this forum so hi and thanks for having me. My name is Greg and I am the director of a ministry that I call Hero Ministries. Our goal is to offer a Christ honoring worship service at large Sci - Fi conventions. We have only been able to do this at Star Wars Celebration VI in Orlando and we are planning our next event at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim next April.

My purpose for this post is to reach out to other Christians in the "geek" community and see if anyone can help. When we planned our last event God worked in an amazing way and we were able to host a spectacular event. I am struggling to get commitments from people on our next venture though.

I am in need of a pastor/youth pastor/missionary/preacher that is a geek like us. For our last event we had Steve Glosson who fits into the geek status 100%. He is unavailable for our next event though. We are also looking for a worship band that fits the culture. If you are or know of someone who fits the bill please pm me and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

A Celebration of Worship at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim Empty Re: A Celebration of Worship at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim

Post  Paeter June 12th 2014, 3:26 pm

I'm not the man for either of those jobs, but will you be able to compensate for travel expenses or are you looking for someone local or who can afford to pay their own way? Knowing that might help get more responses here or elsewhere.

Happy hunting!

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

A Celebration of Worship at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim Empty Re: A Celebration of Worship at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim

Post  Rickster June 12th 2014, 8:14 pm

I don't fit the job description but i live really close to Anaheim so if you need help i other ways let me know
    HeroMin
    HeroMin

Post  HeroMin June 14th 2014, 7:27 am

Paeter wrote:I'm not the man for either of those jobs, but will you be able to compensate for travel expenses or are you looking for someone local or who can afford to pay their own way? Knowing that might help get more responses here or elsewhere.

Happy hunting!

Thanks for your response! Unfortunately we are not able to compensate for expenses. It worked out last time that local people and people who were already attending the convention were able to fill these roles. I would love to be able to compensate but at this time we are just too small.

I'd like to build a network of people in larger cities so that when we are able to branch out to other conventions we already have the roles filled.
    HeroMin
    HeroMin

Post  HeroMin June 14th 2014, 7:29 am

Rickster wrote:I don't fit the job description but i live really close to Anaheim so if you need help i other ways let me know

Thanks Rickster! I'll let you know as we get closer. If you are at the con we should meet up. It's great to know other like minded people.
    HeroMin
    HeroMin

A Celebration of Worship at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim Empty We have booked out location

Post  HeroMin July 14th 2014, 1:25 pm

We have booked our location for Star Wars Celebration Anaheim. We will be at the Hilton Anaheim in the Huntington room on the fourth floor. Our service will start at 8:30 am. I hope to see you there!
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub July 14th 2014, 7:53 pm

I so wish I could be there. I have joined the Mandolorian Mercs Costume club, and am working on my first kit. However, it's nowhere near being started other than sizing templates and Anaheim is a long way away (distance, not time). I'm also not a youth pastor, although I work with my church's middle school ministry as a volunteer leader.

Keep us updated, and know that prayers for your event are in my heart.
    Battlemech37
    Battlemech37

Activity : 53

Post  Battlemech37 September 24th 2014, 4:01 pm

Yeah, I wish I could be there too - have always wanted to go to a Star Wars Celebration since the first one. I wish there were more here in the midwest - the heart of geekdom (hah hah). I did hear about the last worship service through Steve Glosson's podcast, as well as Rebel Force Radio and interviews with James Arnold Taylor (interesting guy too!). Wow, what I wouldn't give to be able to help out with such a service though - awesome and much needed ministry for this community.

As far as personal experience, I've helped with evangelism, a music ministry and teaching too. Let me know if I can help in some way. Maybe graphic design or some such? My portfolio is http://www.ganarus.wordpress.com. Contact me at ganarus35 (at) gmail (dot) com. Would love to chat.
    HeroMin
    HeroMin

A Celebration of Worship at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim Empty T-shirt design contest

Post  HeroMin January 19th 2015, 11:36 am

As we move closer to Celebration things are heating up. We have teamed up with Fans For Christ and are looking forward to a great event.

We are also hosting a t-shirt design contest and the details are here. If you are an artist we would love for you to join the fun and maybe get your art onto the convention floor to be seen by over 35,000 Star Wars fans.
    HeroMin
    HeroMin

Post  HeroMin March 10th 2015, 3:38 pm

We have announced our Celebration T-shirt. Pick one up so you can wear it at Celebration. All the details are here.

A Celebration of Worship at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim 2

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 26th 2024, 6:26 pm