Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Camping and Gaming!

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Camping and Gaming! Empty Camping and Gaming!

Post  Paeter August 26th 2014, 3:52 pm

In the process of planning a gaming retreat in November for some of the guys in the college/20's ministry we're involved in.

Camping you say? Is this a dream or parallel reality!

Well, the campsite is 10 minutes from fast food, indoor plumbing and my house. It's also a time of year when bugs mostly hibernate. No bugs+creature comforts = my kind of camping!

What I'm most excited about is the possibility of running a one-shot DC Heroes PnP RPG session. Most of these guys are very interested in PnP RPGs but have never actually played one. Which is my ideal kind of player to have in a group I'm running. (In my experience, veterans tend to take things too seriously.)

www.spiritblade.com
    tmorrill
    tmorrill

Activity : 405
    Geek-Cred : 20

Camping and Gaming! Empty Re: Camping and Gaming!

Post  tmorrill August 27th 2014, 9:26 pm

Camping? Playing Madden?

Someone hit the alarm! THIS ISN'T PAETER! WE HAVE AN IMPOSTER!

In all seriousness, that's pretty awesome. I haven't gotten to do nearly as much camping as I've wanted to lately.

Another game I'd recommend would be Bang! It's not a PnPRPG, but I've enjoyed it as a good Mafia-style game with a bit more of a Old West feel to it, and more depth.

Current date/time is May 7th 2024, 10:03 am