Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Hello! Graphic Artist

Battlemech37
    Battlemech37

Activity : 53
    Geek-Cred : 0

Hello! Graphic Artist Empty Hello! Graphic Artist

Post  Battlemech37 September 16th 2014, 1:13 pm

Hello all, thought I'd introduce myself. I've done a little bit of work for Paeter in the past (including the Christian Geek Central Logo, and a design for the Spirit Blade T-shirt), and enjoy listening to the podcast and the audio books. Really have been encouraged through helping Paeter out with these projects, and thought I'd come out to the community and see what's going on!

I'm also currently helping out Winston over at Critical Press Media with his Opposing Forces RPG game. This has been a lot of fun too.

Anyway, I hope to try to be involved here and maybe lend some of my graphic art / illustration / writing experience to some projects. I have about 15 years of work experience as a graphic artist, illustrator and writer, and currently have a history book out that I provided all the illustrations for.

I'm a follower of Christ and hope to be able to use my skills to share His truth, and possibly encourage other artists and creatives out there. Additionally, I'm a long time sci-fi and fantasy enthusiast - I loved Star Trek: TNG back in High School, as well as Babylon 5. Other favorites from this era? Reboot, BattleTech, and Bots Masters! Today, I read a lot and have loved watching Star Wars Clone Wars with my son - we look forward to the upcoming Rebels!

If you'd like to see more of what I do, you might enjoy checking out my portfolio website.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Hello! Graphic Artist Empty Re: Hello! Graphic Artist

Post  Paeter September 16th 2014, 6:10 pm

Welcome, Battlemech! Thanks for your great work on the new logo! Was BattleTech a mech anime or something else?

I was into Gundam Wing during college and still have a soft spot in my heart for giant mech suits.

www.spiritblade.com
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Post  mindspike September 16th 2014, 6:20 pm

Paeter wrote:I was into Gundam Wing during college and still have a soft spot in my heart for giant mech suits.

The cry of that soldier still chills my blood. "There's a GUNDAM down here!!!!" If you watched Gundam Wing on Toonami, you know exactly what I'm talking about. LOVE Gundam Wing.

Battlemech's an awesome artist. Do we get a link to your portfolio, or are you undercover? Smile

Battlemech37

Post  Battlemech37 September 16th 2014, 7:58 pm

Thanks for the welcome! Yeah, there was a BattleTech cartoon that I enjoyed (although many Battletech fans hated it) in the mid 90's. They would have this 3-D computer animated segment that I really thought brought the battlemechs to life. There were also books, and the RPG compendiums and tech spec books too (all of which I used to have). I even have a couple posters featuring cut-away views of some battlemechs. Great stuff.

I also liked Robotech as well, and enjoyed some books and RPG source material here too. Never really got into Gundam much, but I did enjoy checking out the action figures. I did have to break down and buy a Neon Genesis Evangelion figure a number of years back (even though I never watched the show).

Hey Mindspike, per you question on a link - I think I have a link to my portfolio in my profile.
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

Post  ComiKate September 17th 2014, 3:45 pm

Welcome to the forums Battlemech! Smile

Battlemech37 wrote:Other favorites from this era? Reboot...

Reboot, are you kidding me? I LOOOOOOOVE Reboot! bounce  I have recently bought the entire series, they finally brought it out on DVD (The Definitive Mainframe Edition, so awesome). Then you probably know Shadow Raiders too? Same creators I think. Loved that series as well.

I tried to find the link to your portfolio, but there's none in your profile. Unless it's the link restriction thing for newbs rearing its head? In which case I'm sure Paeter or another admin can post it for you in this thread?
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter September 17th 2014, 7:52 pm

ComiKate wrote:

I tried to find the link to your portfolio, but there's none in your profile. Unless it's the link restriction thing for newbs rearing its head? In which case I'm sure Paeter or another admin can post it for you in this thread?

I'd be happy to if you want to send it to me. Mindspike may also already know the URL and could also paste it here.

www.spiritblade.com
    Battlemech37
    Battlemech37

Post  Battlemech37 September 25th 2014, 8:36 pm

I would love to sit down and watch Reboot again - I always thought it was so creative at the time. Kind of like Tron, except more updated - as far as 90s era computing goes! (And this was way before we'd get any hint of a Tron sequel!)

My portfolio is http://www.ganarus.wordpress.com

I also have a blog called "Delvartec" where I look back on old art I did as a kid, as well as talk about more recent art projects, writing and stuff like that. I'd love for people to check that out too (or subscribe), as it's more of a forum to talk and geek out about stuff too Smile It's at: http://www.delvartec.wordpress.com/

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 9:42 pm