Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Bioshock Trilogy (Spoiler Free)

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Bioshock Trilogy (Spoiler Free) Empty Bioshock Trilogy (Spoiler Free)

Post  Paeter January 12th 2015, 12:12 am

Well, the journey that began for me with Bioshock during the Extra-Life marathon in October has come to an end, as I've just finished the final DLC for Bioshock Infinite.

Wow.

Infinite was definitely a different animal from the first two, but what a ride just the same. I'm kinda sitting here just stunned that it's all over and not sure what to do with myself. Some complex ideas and emotions to process. It's been awhile since any form of entertainment has left me feeling just kinda stunned in this way and I can't remember ANY other video game series having this kind of effect on me before.

So glad it didn't end full-on "post-modern" and non-sensical. Not everything is wrapped in a bow at the end. Far from it. Bittersweet is the best word I can think to describe the endings to all of these games. (Especially the first one, which left me in tears!) Both emotionally and intellectually unresolved in some ways. But not in a way that ruins anything. Instead I feel a bit haunted by the experience. I'll probably be thinking about these games for a few days.

Again, wow...

www.spiritblade.com

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 3:25 pm