Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Batman V Superman Teaser!!

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Batman V Superman Teaser!! Empty Batman V Superman Teaser!!

Post  Paeter April 18th 2015, 9:16 pm

Obviously I'm peeing myself as a DC fan, but as with Man Of Steel, this just looks like another one of my kind of superhero movies. A stone cold serious tone and engaging with some weighty human issues and questions, without forgetting to generously layer in some superhero awesome. Whew! Can't wait!!!!!

www.spiritblade.com
    tmorrill
    tmorrill

Activity : 405
    Geek-Cred : 20

Batman V Superman Teaser!! Empty Re: Batman V Superman Teaser!!

Post  tmorrill April 18th 2015, 10:52 pm

DUDE! DUDE! DUDE! DUDE! DUDE!

I am so excited because of this trailer. Caution has gone to the wind, I'm all aboard the hype train!

I just rewatched Dark Knight Returns before I saw that trailer, and the powered Batman suit at the end, has me squealing.
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster April 20th 2015, 1:33 pm

Not sure how i feel about the guys bowing to superman.
    Not a fan of the robobat voice
    I want to know why DC decided to have the batman in their cinematic universe so late in his career. I can understand not doing an origin story again but they could have started at year 2
    tmorrill
    tmorrill

Activity : 405
    Geek-Cred : 20

Post  tmorrill April 24th 2015, 11:20 pm

Rickster wrote:
    I want to know why DC decided to have the batman in their cinematic universe so late in his career. I can understand not doing an origin story again but they could have started at year 2

I'm guessing it's because his career has been so well covered over what feels like every Batman movie out there.

I'm a fan of him being the older Batman, it'll keep Affleck's role in the DCU limited (freeing up money for other actors), but still having a role as a mentor/leader/funder.

Plus, I love Dark Knight Returns, and this seems to take from that freely. I hope there's a Mutant leader fight!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter April 27th 2015, 8:40 pm

Rickster wrote:Not sure how i feel about the guys bowing to superman.
    Not a fan of the robobat voice

Angry Joe suggests that there is a Superman Cult whose underground lair Kal is entering to confront and hopefully disband them. Makes sense to me.

I have mixed feelings about the robovoice, too. But I had doubts about Affleck pulling the voice off, so maybe they did too and this was the solution. I'll take it over a bad voice, but it's not my first choice.

It's also possible it will be unique to that scene while he's in power armor, or even that the voice doesn't represent the final version of the voice Affleck and Snyder will use, since they have plenty of time to do more ADR before release.

I'm also cool with an older Batman. It helps me buy him as being smarter and craftier than Superman. He's the veteran, the old pro in this confrontation. Of course it will all end in a stalemate, but before then... Superman won't know what hit him...

My hope, however, is that Batman's best blows on Superman will not be the result of his "power armor" (we don't need Batman trying to be Iron Man, thank you), but because of some crazy forethought or outsmarting against Superman. Those are the strengths of Batman that make the most sense in his older age, and I hope they are really played up. This IS a Zack Snyder movie though, so I'm sure at least SOME punching will be involved.

www.spiritblade.com
    Dunadwarf
    Dunadwarf

Activity : 218
    Geek-Cred : 5

Post  Dunadwarf June 14th 2015, 6:23 pm

Paeter wrote:This IS a Zack Snyder movie though, so I'm sure at least SOME punching will be involved.
    SOME? In Man of Steel, there was more punching than in a game of Rock'em'Sock'em Robots. I'd like to see some imagination in the action scenes.
    I really have trepidations about this movie, based on the trailer. I don't mind weighty issues, but I'm sick of the dour, sour glower they want to put on everybody. I'm also afraid that this'll turn out to be a lame Bat-wanker story (like TDKR) that virtually makes Batman into a god while decrying the very concept of gods, just to make the humanists and the mouth-breathers happy. I hope I'm wrong, I really do, but in my opinion, DC's been dropping the ball pretty consistently since 2009, so, for me, the acts of fan loyalty will be to give it a chance.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter June 16th 2015, 6:10 pm

Dunadwarf wrote:
    I don't mind weighty issues, but I'm sick of the dour, sour glower they want to put on everybody.

Can't remember where, but I read/saw recently report that the DC movies WILL have lightness and jokes to them, when coming from the appropriate characters and moments, which I think is good. I'm at least partially with you and would love a Superman movie to have weight, but also a Superman who is not always either angsty or angry. He smiled a few times in Man Of Steel and I hope for more of that in future films.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 19th 2024, 11:44 am