Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Any Supernatural fans?

WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Any Supernatural fans? Empty Any Supernatural fans?

Post  WhiteBoy June 30th 2010, 3:54 pm

This isn't the best series I've ever seen, but my wife and I are definitely enjoying it. I was a little leery of it at first, but it soon grew on me. We just finished watching Season 4.

So Season 4 brought on angels. There is a LOT that could be said about it, but I thought their approach to angels was interesting. A lot of things they portrayed were just plain wrong, others I thought fell within a plausible creative license (i.e. *if* angels were involved in something like this, it *might* be how one would react). Finally, a couple things I thought were very accurate. For example, they were very military: messengers and carrying out orders. In the end, Hollywood can't get anything right -- their portrayal of almost everything technology in films drives me crazy; can I expect it to be any different for something spiritual? -- but I have enjoyed the addition of the angels in Season 4.

The ending of S4 was pretty exciting and I can't wait to start S5.

Last edited by WhiteBoy on July 1st 2010, 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Any Supernatural fans? Empty Re: Any Supernatural fans?

Post  Paeter July 1st 2010, 1:52 am

I watched the first two (or was it three?) seasons on DVD and lost interest. But there were definitely some gems.

I really enjoyed having the father as such an important character driving the motivations of the boys. And I often enjoy a good father/son story. So I missed that after season 1.

Pretty cool effects though and a mostly serious, dark tone, which I always appreciate! ;-)

www.spiritblade.com
    Tim
    Tim

Activity : 258
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  Tim July 5th 2010, 10:52 am

I actually stopped watching Supernatural during the middle of Season 2, then decide to start watching right before the start of season 3 (when they were showing the episodes I missed). I slogged thru Season 3 and was going to drop it again during the season finale. When Season 4 started I figured that if the first episode didnt hook me and bring something very fresh, then I was gonna leave.

Luckily they brought on the Angels. I love the way they "Woosh" from place to place. I love the Angel's weapons and scale of power. They are what keep me watching.

Of course there are times that I scream at the tv saying "That's Totally Wrong" or "God wouldn't allow that!". but i still think it is interesting.

><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

PS 144:1
    1COR 4:20

><>
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Post  WhiteBoy July 14th 2010, 11:17 am

Of course there are times that I scream at the tv saying "That's Totally Wrong" or "God wouldn't allow that!". but i still think it is interesting.

LOL...been there done that. Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 14th 2024, 8:29 pm