Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

The Far Cry Games or "What Are YOU Playing Until Fallout 4?"

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

The Far Cry Games or "What Are YOU Playing Until Fallout 4?" Empty The Far Cry Games or "What Are YOU Playing Until Fallout 4?"

Post  Paeter July 22nd 2015, 11:49 am

Recently started getting into Far Cry 2, which after some adjustment and reading of some basic strategies online, I've discovered is (so far) not too difficult (on easy) for my pathetically slow reflexes and hand-eye coordination!

Although I'd prefer it to be in a sci-fi setting of some kind, it's scratching some of that open world RPG itch as I hike through the jungles of Africa.

Anyone else played these games? What did you think of them?

I'm especially interested in comparioson between Far Cry 2 and 3 if you have any thought to offer.

ALTERNATIVELY...

What are YOU playing to tide you over until Fallout 4 releases in November?

www.spiritblade.com
    tmorrill
    tmorrill

Activity : 405
    Geek-Cred : 20

The Far Cry Games or "What Are YOU Playing Until Fallout 4?" Empty Re: The Far Cry Games or "What Are YOU Playing Until Fallout 4?"

Post  tmorrill August 7th 2015, 10:57 pm

I just picked up FO3 on the Steam sale and will be using the Tale of Two Wasteland mod and then end up playing both FO3 and New Vegas.

Also, lots of FTL and school work.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

The Far Cry Games or "What Are YOU Playing Until Fallout 4?" Empty Re: The Far Cry Games or "What Are YOU Playing Until Fallout 4?"

Post  Paeter August 18th 2015, 10:10 am

tmorrill wrote:I just picked up FO3 on the Steam sale and will be using the Tale of Two Wasteland mod and then end up playing both FO3 and New Vegas.

Dude, this would be the one reason I wish I was equipped to be a PC gamer. Mods, baby.

Hopefully the timed exclusivity of Fallout 4 mods to Xbox One will be over by the time I "finish" the game and its DLC!

In the meantime, I'm taking a break from Far Cry 2, possibly until the wee hours of the morning during the Extra-Life marathon (the game is starting to stress me out a bit and I think would work to keep me awake!) and have started up Dragon Age: Origins again. I've played through the game and the Awakening expansion twice already, and played through every opening chapter (changes depending on class and race), but never played as a female or played the whole game as a rogue.

Wow! What a difference in gameplay! I started out playing my female elf thief as all sweet and helpless, and then when she watches her fiancee get murdered she just loses it, suits up and goes dark the rest of the game(so far anyway). WHERE THE CRAP was the potential for THIS kind of role-play in Inquisition!!?? Your character in DA:2 and Inquisition is such a blank slate and the voice acting so generic and middle of the road. That said, if I get through Origins and Awakening before Mad Max releases I will probably start DA:2 with a female character. I first noticed with Mass Effect that the female voice is more interesting to me than the male. The male voice is bland and "heroic" to me and the female shepherd sounds a little butch. So if you play her hard as nails she actually has some potentially interesting character traits! We'll see if that trick works to save DA:2 my second time through. (sigh. Oh Bioware, what went wrong...)

Anyone else rediscovered an old game lately, or have one they love to return to during "gaming droughts"?

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 6th 2024, 2:25 pm