Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Sword Coast Legends D&D RPG for Computers and Consoles

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Sword Coast Legends D&D RPG for Computers and Consoles Empty Sword Coast Legends D&D RPG for Computers and Consoles

Post  Paeter August 11th 2015, 3:34 pm

I'm soaked in urine from watching this. I cannot WAIT to see how this plays out!

http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/08/08/sword-coast-legends-interview-ign-live-gamescom-2015

I'm such a big fan of Neverwinter Nights and this seems like the (finally) true successor to that series.

PC version releases September 29th. I'm going to try and wait for the console version and hope the DM/Creation tools work well through gamepad.

I see SOOO much potential here. Not just for a great game for tons of people, but as a vehicle for Christian Geeks to create/DM experiences that stimulate worthwhile thought among both the Christian and non-Christian players who interact with their content. The polytheistic world of D&D is ripe for the exploration of real-world religions through their fantasy counterparts. We've seen that done with a critical lens focused on Christian culture (which is usually confused for Biblical teaching). Now it would be interesting to see Christians create experiences that focus that lens of evaluation on other popular worldviews and philosophies.

www.spiritblade.com

Current date/time is May 16th 2024, 9:14 pm