Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Board Games Rock

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Board Games Rock Empty Board Games Rock

Post  Paeter August 17th 2015, 9:56 am

Just recently did a video about recent and upcoming board games that caught my attention. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL_oxL6R_gg

I'm at the point where I'm mostly happy with my board game library. Have a game for each "slot" I might need. (Gateway game, party game, Kids games, medium weight game, deck-builder, etc.) So I don't think I'll be buying more than one more game this fall (not including the Mage Knight expansion I just ordered), and yet there are a few games I'm excited about for their potential if nothing else. (Dungeon Saga is probably the one I have my eyes most intensely fixed on.)

What's the last great Board/Card game you played that you'd recommend or what Board/Card game are you looking forward to releasing?

www.spiritblade.com
    fxruizx
    fxruizx

Activity : 169
    Geek-Cred : 1

Board Games Rock Empty Re: Board Games Rock

Post  fxruizx August 19th 2015, 9:05 am

I really appreciated your video about the new/upcoming board games for a couple reasons:

1. I found out about XenoShyft which I had not heard of before and sounds like a game I would really like
    2. It prompted me to think more deeply about why I do not play games like Coven or Village Crone (not because they are sinful to play, but I believe they can make be more vulnerable to spiritual attacks)

As for what games I would suggest - I have loved the iOS version of Star Realms and want to get the actual card version to play when I meet 1 on 1 with youth from my church Smile

Thanks for the continued great content Paeter Smile
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter August 19th 2015, 5:20 pm

fxruizx wrote:
    As for what games I would suggest - I have loved the iOS version of Star Realms and want to get the actual card version to play when I meet 1 on 1 with youth from my church Smile

Thanks for the continued great content Paeter Smile

Thanks! Glad to be useful!

I ALMOST included Star Realms in my video! Looks really cool! Just needed a co-op option because of my "issues".

www.spiritblade.com
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Post  mindspike August 22nd 2015, 8:20 pm

Haven't seen your review, but Pandemic needs to be on your short list. It's a super-adaptable co-op for many levels of complexity that tells a great story with dramatic ups and downs. Plus, Pandemic Legacy hits stores this fall!!! I'm super excited to get my hands on a copy of this game that will wind up being completely customized by me organically through game play. Boo-yah baby!

Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter August 24th 2015, 5:41 pm

mindspike wrote:Haven't seen your review, but Pandemic needs to be on your short list. It's a super-adaptable co-op for many levels of complexity that tells a great story with dramatic ups and downs. Plus, Pandemic Legacy hits stores this fall!!! I'm super excited to get my hands on a copy of this game that will wind up being completely customized by me organically through game play. Boo-yah baby!

I've heard nothing but great things about Pandemic. Forbidden Island is filling that slot in my collection right now, but I'd be very interested in getting your thoughts on the Legacy version once you've had some play time with it!

What do you mean when you say it "tells a great story"? It looks like mostly a strategy game with little flavor text or thematic components. Can you elaborate a little?

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 15th 2024, 7:04 am