Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

FAAAALLLOOOOOUT FOOOOOOOURRRR!!!!!

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

FAAAALLLOOOOOUT FOOOOOOOURRRR!!!!! Empty FAAAALLLOOOOOUT FOOOOOOOURRRR!!!!!

Post  Paeter November 10th 2015, 6:46 pm

Anyone else playing this yet? Still working on my "Trial & Error". What do you guys think?

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

FAAAALLLOOOOOUT FOOOOOOOURRRR!!!!! Empty Re: FAAAALLLOOOOOUT FOOOOOOOURRRR!!!!!

Post  Rickster November 10th 2015, 11:25 pm

Best Game I haven't played.
    tmorrill
    tmorrill

Activity : 405
    Geek-Cred : 20

Post  tmorrill November 11th 2015, 1:43 am

Why can't this semester be over?!

Also, why can't I find the money I need to either get a new console or a new PC!?!?!
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster November 12th 2015, 3:21 am

Is it as awesome as this peak of gaming perfection

(WARNING: Video contains some crass sexually-themed humor)

Last edited by Paeter on November 12th 2015, 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Content warning)
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter November 12th 2015, 12:16 pm

I definitely wouldn't say it is exceeding expectations for me. I expected it to be an incredibly fun and immersive experience and it totally delivers on that for me. It also innovates and does some cool, unexpected new things, but so does every Bethesda RPG. So I would describe it as hugely fun and the most enjoyable game I've played in years... but not a game that exceeds expectations or is mind-blowing in how revolutionary it is.

(btw, added a quick warning to the video above for those who may be sensitive to that kind of content.)

www.spiritblade.com
    Morfinwen
    Morfinwen

Activity : 43
    Geek-Cred : 1

Post  Morfinwen December 16th 2015, 10:25 pm

I'm working my way through Fallout: New Vegas right now. It's essentially the first Fallout game i've played; i'm also playing Fallout Shelter, but that's not quite the same thing. I'll probably be interested in Fallout 4 when i finish New Vegas.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter December 17th 2015, 1:17 pm

Morfinwen wrote:I'm working my way through Fallout: New Vegas right now. It's essentially the first Fallout game i've played; i'm also playing Fallout Shelter, but that's not quite the same thing. I'll probably be interested in Fallout 4 when i finish New Vegas.
    I really enjoyed New Vegas! Well, after they fixed some bugs and I disciplined myself to keep multiple saves. I only kept about 3 save slots the first time I played it and 20 hrs in I hit a bug that wouldn't let me load my most recent two saves. (The third one was made near the beginning). I took about a year off the game after that. But after picking it up again and handling saving better I had an AWESOME experience with that game. I played both sides/factions against each other for as long as I possibly could and then ultimately chose to rub my hands together and take everything for myself. Bwahahahaaaa!

Oddly enough, I'm taking a break from Fallout 4 right now. I hit a point where I noticed that 4 missions in a row in my queue were "go clear out this place of enemies". That combined with getting a little tired of the hacking mini-game (and yet "NEEDING" to open/access everything I come across) and missing the numerous factions and more varied side-quests of Skyrim and I just wanted to play something else. That's a first for me with a Bethesda RPG. Usually I play them exclusively at LEAST until finishing the main quest.

The looting/XP cycle is still lots of fun, but in Skyrim I felt a little more like I was changing the lives of those around me as I took on faction/side-quests. Aside from the ability to build settlements, I don't feel like I'm having much effect on the game world. But it could be I'm just finally getting numb to the formula.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 19th 2024, 3:01 am