Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

God's will

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

God's will Empty God's will

Post  Rickster September 9th 2010, 5:27 pm

Ok so the other day I learned of a Christian comedy movie of the week that will be a pilot for a TV show that one of my Facebook contacts is writting well a few days after learning this I had a strange feeling about looking for a job in another state (I love living in California and thought I'd live here forever so this was strange for me to think this)
    Well I sent a message to my contact asking him if the show was in production yet and he replied back say know but he believes it's going to be filmed in Michigan. Which I find strange and think the learning about this show and wanting to work ou of state might be conected.
    Here's my problem I have no money to my name so if I do try and get this job I'm going to be putting my entire life in God's hands but I would like to know that this is God's will telling me to go and not mine. Because this would take a huge leap of faith and if It's not god's will I'll fall
    Any advice
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

God's will Empty Re: God's will

Post  Paeter September 10th 2010, 2:16 am

Rickster wrote:Ok so the other day I learned of a Christian comedy movie of the week that will be a pilot for a TV show that one of my Facebook contacts is writting well a few days after learning this I had a strange feeling about looking for a job in another state (I love living in California and thought I'd live here forever so this was strange for me to think this)
    Well I sent a message to my contact asking him if the show was in production yet and he replied back say know but he believes it's going to be filmed in Michigan. Which I find strange and think the learning about this show and wanting to work ou of state might be conected.
    Here's my problem I have no money to my name so if I do try and get this job I'm going to be putting my entire life in God's hands but I would like to know that this is God's will telling me to go and not mine. Because this would take a huge leap of faith and if It's not god's will I'll fall
    Any advice

I think these kinds of situations are challenging, because there is no book of 1st Paeter with verses like "and should you have the opportunity to labor in Michigan, God will be honored if you move there".

But the Bible does provide many principles that can help you discern what God's will is in this situation. I'd ask myself questions like: Who else will be affected by this decision? What commitments have I made that could be affected by this decision?

For example, in my case I'm married with a son and another on the way. I've committed to making sure my family has their physical needs met and that I have time to invest in them.

You might ask yourself, what decision will put me in the best position to love those I'm commanded to love and prioritize my life the way God wants me to prioritize it?

I'd suggest sitting down with a pastor and weighing the pros and cons in light of what God has called EVERYONE to do. Mapping that out will help you figure out what God is calling YOU to do.

If after weighing everything, all things seem to be equal(which I personally think is unlikely), feel free to flip a coin and see what God decides to do.

That would be my route in your shoes, anyway.

www.spiritblade.com

Current date/time is May 1st 2024, 4:41 pm