Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

5 posters

How Do You Geek When You're Sick?

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

How Do You Geek When You're Sick? Empty How Do You Geek When You're Sick?

Post  Paeter January 15th 2016, 10:28 am

I've got a bug in me this week that causes a cough now and then and some chills that can be counteracted with tylenol. But the main symptom is a major drain on my energy. For two days I was horizontal most of the time, and even when I couldn't sleep I still barely had energy to walk around the house.

Seem to be doing better today, but my energy levels are still low compared to normal. So I'm considering just doing some mixing this morning until my body wants to stop and then taking the rest of the day off. 

I've been watching lots of movies the last few days(Super 8, Robocop remake, Battle Los Angeles), as well as commentaries for things I've already watched(currently on Community Season 1, which has some decent geek appeal!). Some video gaming now and then, but I'm currently playing Far Cry 3, which requires some quick reactions sometimes. (Although honestly, even though I'd love to blame it on my cold, the last two times I got mauled by a tiger were just from my lack of skills.)

I have (fond?) memories of playing Skyrim the winter after it came out when I had a nasty puke bug that had me vomiting every 30 minutes. I used the game to try and keep my brain off the nausea and reduce the frequency of the vomit cycle.

So I'm curious what YOU do when you're sick, and yet "well enough" to still enjoy something geeky, even if only between bouts of puking?

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

How Do You Geek When You're Sick? Empty Re: How Do You Geek When You're Sick?

Post  Rickster January 15th 2016, 2:42 pm

It depends sometimes when I'm sick it's hard to concentrate so I might put in Kingdom Hearts or another game I've played so many times I can play without really thinking.

On a side note Community was an amazing show and will get even more geeky later on in the series.
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1759
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings January 17th 2016, 8:33 pm

About all I'll do when I'm sick is read or maybe watch a DVD in bed. In either case I'd be choosing Geeky offerings.
    Of course in this day and age I'd possibly play something on my smart phone.

Actually, come to think of it, I found plants vs zombies to be a good distraction when I was suffering from a particular issue a few years back.
    Naoggirl

Activity : 4
    Geek-Cred : 0

Post  Naoggirl January 20th 2016, 6:11 am

Been gorging on Netflix while I have been sick with bronchitis.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter January 20th 2016, 9:57 am

Naoggirl wrote:Been gorging on Netflix while I have been sick with bronchitis.
    Yuck, that sounds terrible. Sorry you're sick. What have you been watching?

www.spiritblade.com
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

Post  mikel.withers January 20th 2016, 10:36 am

Last time I was really, really sick, I marathoned Robotech.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 19th 2024, 1:10 am