Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Godzilla Resurgence Official Trailer

jazzact13

Activity : 267
    Geek-Cred : 3

Godzilla Resurgence Official Trailer Empty Godzilla Resurgence Official Trailer

Post  jazzact13 April 13th 2016, 10:48 pm

This is starting to look really good. Interesting what they've done with the look of Godzilla, as if he really has had massive amounts of radiation do really bad things to him, and he's ready to share the pain with the rest of the world. It's a very horror movie kind of look.

I recognize some of the actors from other Godzilla movies, in fact I thought for a moment this would be only another fake trailer.

The movie from a couple of years ago was good, but I also like the return to a regular monster suit over the CGI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm_XcSM5yVk
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

Godzilla Resurgence Official Trailer Empty Re: Godzilla Resurgence Official Trailer

Post  jorowi April 14th 2016, 1:59 pm

Interesting trailer. I haven't seen a Japanese Godzilla movie in years. One thing that really struck me is how the lighting changes from scene to scene. U.S. producers are always looking for a theme with their lighting. In some scenes the actors skin tones are much yellower than in others. I wonder of that's an artistic touch or if they just don't have the post-processing done yet.

Twitter
    Instagram
    jazzact13

Godzilla Resurgence Official Trailer Empty Re: Godzilla Resurgence Official Trailer

Post  jazzact13 July 19th 2016, 10:12 pm

Another trailer, and a good one, too. This movie is being release towards the last of this month in Japan, though I don't know if or when it will be released in theaters anywhere else.

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter July 21st 2016, 9:58 am

Dude, if I were a Godzilla fan I'd probably be SUUUPER stoked by these trailers. Loved the street perspective as his tail passed overhead in the first trailer. A combo of practical and VFX that really worked for me.

As a non Godzilla fan, but a Monster fan, I'd love to see a halfway point between old tech and modern tech for the suit. They definitely advanced some textures on it. But I'd love to se a redesign with more points of articulation in the face and mouth, and lifelike movements from the eyes. The shots of his face still look antiquated to me. How bout we let Jim Henson's Creature shop take a crack at it! (Woohoo!)

Of course the redesign I'm talking about, even done with subtlety, could potentially be insulting to purists, so I don't know if they want to go in that direction.

Godzilla is such an interesting property. Like Superman in some ways. They tried to change his costume and successfully ditched the underwear, but they've gone back to no collar. And I think the reasons are less that it looks cooler stylistically and more, "Yeah. Now THAT'S Superman!"

www.spiritblade.com
    jazzact13

Post  jazzact13 July 23rd 2016, 10:02 pm

Godzilla has undergone all kinds of different looks, so as long as they can avoid the giant iguana look, I doubt many purists would be put off by attempts to improve on it.

And Godzilla has probably had even bigger changes, at least in character, then most other popular characters. He starts out more as a force of nature, then becomes a kind of hero and even a kid's superhero type of character, but there have been movies where he's been bad. Then there's "Giant Monsters' All-Out Attack", where he's not just bad but out-right malevolent, and the normally evil Ghidorah is on the good guys' side.

I remember hearing that the origin idea for Godzilla was for his appearance to look burnt, as if he'd been a victim of the atomic bomb. That doesn't always come off in the old movies, as he simply looks like a reptile with reptilish skin, but given how this Godzilla looks I wonder if they aren't trying to play on that idea.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter July 25th 2016, 2:02 pm

jazzact13 wrote:

I remember hearing that the origin idea for Godzilla was for his appearance to look burnt, as if he'd been a victim of the atomic bomb. That doesn't always come off in the old movies, as he simply looks like a reptile with reptilish skin, but given how this Godzilla looks I wonder if they aren't trying to play on that idea.

Whoa, that's really interesting! Yeah i can see it now that you mention it!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 16th 2024, 5:57 pm