Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

ID4: Resurgence

jazzact13

Activity : 267
    Geek-Cred : 3

ID4: Resurgence Empty ID4: Resurgence

Post  jazzact13 June 25th 2016, 9:25 pm

I was mostly happy with the movie. Its depiction of tech advances based on things learned from alien wreckage was done in a what I thought was a fairly realistic way. I also liked that it added more to the original invasion, where the first ID4 made it seem like the threat ended with the movie's end, this one added some about how stranded alien remnants kept up the fight on their own.

And when the aliens first arrive, they are well depicted as being in a don't-mess-around, take-no-prisoners mindset.

I guess it kind of stumbled at the end, though, as it kind of fell into the summer big movie cliches of improbable escapades, corny speeches, big battles with preordained resolutions, a few attempts at moving moments, and so on. The ending itself seemed a little too yippy-skippy for a story in which the world was even more devastated then in the first movie, where several of the main and secondary characters lost people close to them, and where the military was decimated. After all of that, the lovey-dovey stuff and the hint of future stories taking the fight to the aliens seems at least premature.

Still, i enjoyed it, it's a good follow-up to the first movie.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

ID4: Resurgence Empty Re: ID4: Resurgence

Post  Paeter June 27th 2016, 8:09 pm

jazzact13 wrote:Its depiction of tech advances based on things learned from alien wreckage was done in a what I thought was a fairly realistic way.

I neglected mentioning that in my review, but I thought that was a plus, too! A good way to make the setting of the sequel different from the first!

www.spiritblade.com

Current date/time is May 16th 2024, 4:22 pm