Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

What News Excited You From ComiCon?

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

What News Excited You From ComiCon? Empty What News Excited You From ComiCon?

Post  Paeter July 26th 2016, 11:49 am

I've barely started combing through the announcements, but in addition to some cool trailers I was excited (with reservations) to learn about the Frequency tv series (based on the movie) premiering this fall... on the CW.

I have a bad feeling that way too much time will be spent with the lead character trying to get her relationship with her boyfriend/fiancee back as she is forced to screw with the timeline every week. The trailer didn't give me that impression, I just know what the CW does to shows.

I loved the original movie so much, and this trailer has some great things going for it. So I'm hopeful but with reservations.

The Wonder Woman trailer was such a pleasant surprise for me. I though Gal Gadot looking cool and powerful as Wonder Womans was something only Zack Snyder could accomplish, but she looks awesome in that trailer!

The Justice League trailer was a nice teaser, but definitely seemed to be targeting Marvel movie fans with its numerous jokes.

What caught YOUR attention?

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1759
    Geek-Cred : 11

What News Excited You From ComiCon? Empty Re: What News Excited You From ComiCon?

Post  AdamCollings July 26th 2016, 9:01 pm

For me it was all about Wonder Woman and Justice League. My wife and I had just re-watched Batman V Superman on Bluray a few nights earlier (wife's fist time) so we were fully in that DC Universe Euphoria. Wonder Woman looks good. She is going to be a powerful character, and a good role model for my 11 year-old daughter, though it will almost certainly be rated M in Australia, so not sure when I'll allow her to watch it. Wife and I will definitely see it at the cinema though, so we can make a determination (we did allow the kids to see Star Wars 7 despite the M rating)

The Justice League trailer/clip also got me excited. There were several moments in it that caused me to laugh out loud. I think I'm going to identify a lot with Barry Allen. He's a geek after all, one of us; and Jason Momoa is likely to be awesome as Aquaman. I share your misgivings about the tone though. While a little humour can be uplifting, and while they've said all along the tone of Justice League would be lighter, I don't want them to move too far away from the gritty realistic tone of the last two films. When the threat to Earth appears, I want to feel the weight of it. I don't want to see the heroes cracking jokes while the survival of our species is at stake (we have Marvel for that).

But, one thing I have learned is to trust Snyder. I'm sure he'll deliver something awesome.

The reveal of the name Star Trek: Discovery for the new TV series was cool. Can't say I'm a fan of the design for the ship, but that's not the most important thing. The name suggests we'll be going out and exploring, which is great.

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

What News Excited You From ComiCon? Empty Re: What News Excited You From ComiCon?

Post  Rickster July 27th 2016, 2:10 am

Not sure if it was announced at Comic Con or not but this weekend we learned that Disney is changing Twilight Zone Tower of terror to Guardians of the Galaxy mission breakout
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

Post  ComiKate August 17th 2016, 12:51 pm

Very excited for Dr. Strange and the fourth season of Sherlock.
    Did I mention I'm a Cumberbatch fan?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 16th 2024, 12:22 am