Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

5 posters

Valerian and the City of a thousand planets trailer

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Valerian and the City of a thousand planets trailer Empty Valerian and the City of a thousand planets trailer

Post  Rickster November 11th 2016, 6:56 pm

I have no idea what this is about or if its based of anything but I decided to share it

jazzact13

Activity : 267
    Geek-Cred : 3

Valerian and the City of a thousand planets trailer Empty Re: Valerian and the City of a thousand planets trailer

Post  jazzact13 November 12th 2016, 1:28 am

If I understand it right, this movie is based on this comic series.

Valerian and Laureline

I know nothing about the series, so can't say what it's all about.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Valerian and the City of a thousand planets trailer Empty Re: Valerian and the City of a thousand planets trailer

Post  Paeter November 14th 2016, 10:01 am

Appropriately getting a 5th Element vibe from it! Lots of spectacle! I wonder what Guardians Of The Galaxy fans will think of it.

www.spiritblade.com
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  jorowi November 14th 2016, 10:39 am

I got a Fifth Element vibe from it too. Unfortunately, it was also mixed with a feeling of dread since I got a YA vibe from it too.

Twitter
    Instagram
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter November 15th 2016, 9:01 am

jorowi wrote:I got a Fifth Element vibe from it too. Unfortunately, it was also mixed with a feeling of dread since I got a YA vibe from it too.

Oooh, I didn't pick up on that. Let's both hope you're wrong. (sigh)

www.spiritblade.com
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  jorowi November 15th 2016, 11:57 am

Paeter wrote:Oooh, I didn't pick up on that. Let's both hope you're wrong. (sigh)

Maybe it's just the character design. I wonder if this will be a lot like Jupiter Ascending.

Twitter
    Instagram
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter November 17th 2016, 10:13 am

jorowi wrote:
    Paeter wrote:Oooh, I didn't pick up on that. Let's both hope you're wrong. (sigh)

Maybe it's just the character design. I wonder if this will be a lot like Jupiter Ascending.

Based on the trailer I think that's very possible. Which is a bummer for me. But if it has enough Luc Besson weirdness that could compensate.

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster November 17th 2016, 4:36 pm

I don't remember 5th Element being good or successful.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter November 18th 2016, 9:49 am

Rickster wrote:I don't remember 5th Element being good or successful.

It was weird, which on some days translates as "good" for me, since at least it's unexpected. But other days I just don't have patience for weird. So hopefully this movie will land on a good day for me!

www.spiritblade.com
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

Post  mikel.withers November 18th 2016, 10:31 am

Around my house, the Fifth Element, is seen at least once a year.
    My wife loves it, I love it, my kids like it...and the sound design is awesome.
    I had the soundtrack...score? Whichever, on cd until my kids got ahold of it. I even had a Zorg desktop theme on my PC for a few years.

I think, in large part, my wife can like me liking it because the love interest has the body of a teenage boy and even though she runs around in band aids (plasters for you Brits) she isn't worried that I'm unduly interested in that.
    jazzact13

Post  jazzact13 November 20th 2016, 1:07 am

There were some parts of it that were kinda like "Phantom Menace" or maybe "Attack of the Clones".

A lot of it will depend on how well they do the two main characters. If they have strong personalities, it might work. If they're just filler characters for the CGI around them, then blah.
    jazzact13

Post  jazzact13 November 26th 2016, 2:05 am

Ok, just learned there's a French animated series based on Valerian and Laureline, and it's over at Crunchyroll.

From watching the first episode, it seems to involve time travel. Valerian is from the future, Laureline is from medieval France, and their ship is the smartest character of the three.
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

Post  mikel.withers November 28th 2016, 9:17 am

jazzact13 wrote:Ok, just learned there's a French animated series based on Valerian and Laureline, and it's over at Crunchyroll.

From watching the first episode, it seems to involve time travel. Valerian is from the future, Laureline is from medieval France, and their ship is the smartest character of the three.
    Well, that sounds interesting.
    I wonder if I can con...er...convince, (yeah, that is the word I was working on) my wife into going to see this with me?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 19th 2024, 6:10 am