Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Revisiting Assumptions About Genesis

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Revisiting Assumptions About Genesis Empty Revisiting Assumptions About Genesis

Post  Paeter January 26th 2017, 1:26 pm

Really been enjoying Dr. William Lane Craig's "Defenders 2" series and the section on Creation And Evolution. Was interesting to hear him go into more detail than I've heard elsewhere regarding the indicators of Hebrew poetry form in the early chapters of Genesis, which allows for non-literal interpretation in those very specific portions of the account.

It's been a long time since I was a young-earth guy, but neither have I been sold on Progressive Creationism, instead vaguely hovering somewhere over the gap theory. As it stands now I'm considering the possibility that a poetic form in early Genesis allows for the creation of Adam via a pre-existing, soulless life form that God added spirit to (and possibly altered physically at the same time), rather than a literal molecular re-formatting of minerals ("dust of the earth") to create his body.

In the end I have no idea what it all looked like when it happened, but found it interesting that Dr. Craig is in roughly the same space because of his skepticism regarding most interpretations of data in both Biblical and scientific disciplines.

If you're interested in hearing the same teaching and Craig's exploration of numerous creation views (with pros and cons for each) you can find it here:

http://www.reasonablefaith.org/defenders-2-podcast/s9

www.spiritblade.com
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

Revisiting Assumptions About Genesis Empty Re: Revisiting Assumptions About Genesis

Post  mikel.withers January 27th 2017, 12:33 pm

I'm a big fan of WLC.
    I think I'm in about the same mind-space as you are, on the topic.

Current date/time is April 26th 2024, 11:58 pm