Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Justice League trailer

jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

Justice League trailer Empty Justice League trailer

Post  jorowi March 28th 2017, 1:45 pm

I can't believe they're using 100% CGI on Cyborg's costume. Didn't they learn anything from Green Lantern? Also looks like their going for the same aesthetic of Suicide Squad which didn't go over so well (I still haven't seen it).

Twitter
    Instagram
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Justice League trailer Empty Re: Justice League trailer

Post  Paeter March 29th 2017, 9:08 am

jorowi wrote:

I can't believe they're using 100% CGI on Cyborg's costume. Didn't they learn anything from Green Lantern? Also looks like their going for the same aesthetic of Suicide Squad which didn't go over so well (I still haven't seen it).

Yeah, I'm bummed about the CG Cyborg stuff. Hopefully it will look better in the final product. As for the tone, I'm oddly a bit more optimistic. The tone of Suicide Squad was altered kind of "last minute" because they brought on the team that made the first trailer to do the final edit of the movie (including music selection, I believe). So they tried to paste on a tone through editing and music that was not intended during shooting. In the case of Justice League, I think they had time to modify script and shooting to adjust tone.

I also like that the jokes in the trailer, while just as unfunny to me as Marvel movie Jokes, seem to grow out of who the character is, rather than just being smart alec quips.

I think most importantly to me, there is still going to be a focus on serious human drama, as evidenced by the brief shot of Barry Allen visiting his father in prison.

I have this cycle of doubting Zack Snyder before every movie of his I see, and then being delighted by each one anyway.

Still have some doubts. Still hope to be delighted.

www.spiritblade.com

Current date/time is May 16th 2024, 8:55 am