Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Why are you still working in fast food?

mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

Why are you still working in fast food? Empty Why are you still working in fast food?

Post  mikel.withers June 13th 2017, 12:21 pm

So...I'm alone in the fast food joint of my choosing, and I order 6 burgers, 5 fries, 5 drinks, a chicken sandwich, and a chicken nuggets.

"Is that for here, or to go?"

"To go, please."
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

Why are you still working in fast food? Empty Re: Why are you still working in fast food?

Post  jorowi June 14th 2017, 7:16 am

It's automatic. They're trained to ask that question. If they were being evaluated that's one of the things their supervisor will note. Besides, the rest of the people with you could be in the bathroom. Maybe they haven't come in from the car yet. There are half a dozen reasons why they need to ask that question.

Twitter
    Instagram
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Why are you still working in fast food? Empty Re: Why are you still working in fast food?

Post  Paeter June 14th 2017, 8:49 am

Yeah, it's weird all the things people are trained to do to account for what seem like unusual circumstances. Reminds me of weird laws you can run into from time to time that make no sense until you do some history homework.

www.spiritblade.com
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

Post  mikel.withers June 14th 2017, 9:57 am

I worked in fast food just 10 years ago, and I know the scripts they have to use.
    However, there is a difference between following the script to the "t" and providing good customer service.
    The girl recognizes me (I'm in there almost every week day) I usually just add "to go" to my order. Kind of my way of keeping them from having to do the mindless bit of their job.

Don't get me wrong, I thought this was amusing in a "Thank you Captain Obvious" sort of way, not that the cashier is dumb or anything.
    Maybe today when I go in, I'll say, "For here... I want to see how you handle the two buses that just pulled in behind me."
    The faces draining of color, the open mouths, the terrified looks... one of my favorite pranks.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 6th 2024, 6:00 am