Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

What Are You Thankful To God For?

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

What Are You Thankful To God For? Empty What Are You Thankful To God For?

Post  Paeter November 14th 2017, 9:50 am

We've done this before on the forums around this time of year, but I thought it would be worth doing again and maybe adding a little focus and context to it.

I don't know if it's related to my introversion or not, but I can tend to be negative in my introspection, which translates to a persistent lack of gratitude. I spend time focusing on the negatives in my life and it really takes purposeful effort to stop and "count my blessings". Even when I try to express my thankfulness to God, it all too quickly turns into requests. (Nothing wrong with that in itself, but I'm not very good at really dwelling in thankfulness for any length of time.)

On top of that, even when I try to "be thankful", I easily forget that thankfulness, logically speaking, requires a subject, a person, to whom I am thankful. Americans tend to be "thankful" to no one and nothing (inserting "lucky stars" or "the gods" as a vague object of thanks), which means our "thankfulness" is really just us being "glad" or "relieved" to have something.

So how about we share what we are thankful for here in a sort of "public prayer format", starting our expressions of thankfulness by directing them to God? (Thank you God, for... Thank you Jesus, for... etc) Chime in whenever you're ready and maybe I'll share some of them on the podcast next week!

God, thank you so much for my gracious, patient, beautiful wife. Thank you for my precious boys. Thank you for letting us live together, learning to love each other. Thank you for providing for our needs. Thank you for all the ridiculous material blessings you provide that are far above and beyond our genuine needs. Thank you for our church and the people there that keep me accountable as well as those I can invest in. Thank you for the opportunities you've given me to love and bless people, both in person and online. Thank you for giving me an avenue to serve you through creative arts. Thank you for the eternal rescue you have given now and promised for the future. Thank you for the hope and relief that knowledge of that future provides in times of exhaustion. Thank you for your Holy Spirit, shaping me and my work for your glorious, amazing and eternal purposes. Thank you for the secure identity and righteousness I have because of you, Jesus. Thank you for your tireless forgiveness and grace.

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

What Are You Thankful To God For? Empty Re: What Are You Thankful To God For?

Post  Rickster November 20th 2017, 7:26 pm

I'm thankful for my sense of humor and being able to joke even at stressful scary things (I'm a walking Marvel movie)
    I'm thankful that I've come to the realization that people naturally like me and hopefully that will help me overcome my shyness
    I'm thankful for my "twin" sister who is like me in everyway except in the things we're complete opposites
    I'm thankful to be alive
    I'm thankful for this group which has helped me more then you guys know
    I'm thankful for Parentheses (which I use a lot)
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings November 21st 2017, 12:46 am

I'm thankful for God's provision of my daily needs
    I'm thankful for grace. Nothing can express how incredible this is.
    I'm thankful that somehow I managed to snag a beautiful wife. We have so much fun together.
    I'm thankful that God entrusted two amazing children to me, kids that I am extremely proud of
    I'm thankful that I live in one of the most beautiful places on the planet
    I'm thankful for water that cools you down on a hot day
    I'm thankful for a good job which I find fulfilling, even though it can get stressful and suck a lot of life out of me
    I'm thankful for the gift of fiction, as both a reader and a writer. My life would be so much less without books.
    I'm thankful for youTube, that allows me to basically create my own TV show from my dining room table, fulfilling so many childhood fantasies.
    I'm thankful for Amazon for starting the eBook revolution. My life wouldn't be the same without it
    I'm thankful for the internet, which allows me to connect with cool people like all of you.
    Reed Benson
    Reed Benson

Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1

Post  Reed Benson November 29th 2017, 4:38 am

Father God, I'm thankful that You haven't given up on me despite my atrocious lack of gratitude for pretty much everything most of the time as well as my stubborn lack of prayer.
    Thanks You for my long-suffering wife who puts up with my incessant worries and cooks for me even when she doesn't want to eat anything.
    Thank You for my job, my students, and my coworkers - both the ones who irritate me and the ones I likely irritate.
    Thank You for my loving parents who stick with me no matter where I go or what I do.
    Thanks You for technology that allows me to stay connected to people on the other side of the world.
    Thank You for You Word even though I don't read it enough.
    Amen.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 26th 2024, 8:35 pm