Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Need Quick Help From Someone In UK or EU

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Need Quick Help From Someone In UK or EU Empty Need Quick Help From Someone In UK or EU

Post  Paeter May 30th 2018, 6:56 pm

Could someone from the UK or EU please visit christiangeekcentral.com and let me know if you see a cookie notification? As far as I know I don't have anything customized that would accidentally disable the newly required cookie notification, but I can't seem to see it myself, even when I try to adjust the url to a .co.uk

I need to know if there is not a cookie notification so I can chase down the problem and make sure it is popping up to comply or figure out another way to notify users of cookies.

www.spiritblade.com
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Need Quick Help From Someone In UK or EU Empty Re: Need Quick Help From Someone In UK or EU

Post  mindspike May 30th 2018, 7:30 pm

Christiangeekcentral.com is a Blogger site. You’re compliant. Forum-motion on the other hand has a do it yourself policy. I’m checking on it but answers are not easily available.

Paeter
    Admin

Need Quick Help From Someone In UK or EU Empty Re: Need Quick Help From Someone In UK or EU

Post  Paeter May 31st 2018, 9:02 am

mindspike wrote:Christiangeekcentral.com is a Blogger site. You’re compliant. Forum-motion on the other hand has a do it yourself policy. I’m checking on it but answers are not easily available.

Yeah they said that it should be, but that it's still ultimately my responsibility to check and make sure it's working and I can't see any pop up indication when I visit the site. I've tried it logged in and logged out. They said that "If you use a custom domain, you won't see the notice outside of the EU", but I don't know if the notice might still be working in the EU or not.

And thanks for looking into the forum-motion side of things, Winston. I really appreciate it.

www.spiritblade.com
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  jorowi May 31st 2018, 9:41 am

Install a free VPN like Tunnel Bear. Once it's up and running, choose a country in the EU. When you visit the site you *should* get the cookie.

Twitter
    Instagram
    UKSteve
    UKSteve

Activity : 354
    Geek-Cred : 10

Post  UKSteve June 6th 2018, 1:19 pm

I can definitively confirm that it pops up in the UK Smile
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter June 8th 2018, 8:23 am

UKSteve wrote:I can definitively confirm that it pops up in the UK Smile

Oh yay! Thank you so much, Steve. I've had so much on my plate this week I hadn't gotten around to going the VPN route. That saves me some valuable time and takes one more little concern off my mind. Really appreciate your help!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 1st 2024, 4:33 pm