Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Dark Phoenix International Trailer

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Dark Phoenix International Trailer Empty Dark Phoenix International Trailer

Post  Paeter March 6th 2019, 1:43 pm

Freakin YEAH, Baby!

www.spiritblade.com
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 834
    Geek-Cred : 4

Dark Phoenix International Trailer Empty Re: Dark Phoenix International Trailer

Post  AGoodReed March 6th 2019, 9:25 pm

Looks like Mystique is finally a full-fledged good guy now (or was she is Age of Apocalypse? I don't remember). I'm so glad she's finally wearing clothes. It was so weird that she was just naked all the time in the previous films.

Anyway, this looks like a pretty epic end to the series (if it truly is).
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter March 7th 2019, 11:45 am

AGoodReed wrote:Looks like Mystique is finally a full-fledged good guy now (or was she is Age of Apocalypse? I don't remember). I'm so glad she's finally wearing clothes. It was so weird that she was just naked all the time in the previous films.

So THAT'S why I thought she looked so different!

And yeah, it's really interesting to see how this alternate version of her has evolved. I'm interested!

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings March 7th 2019, 4:34 pm

AGoodReed wrote:Looks like Mystique is finally a full-fledged good guy now

But in the first X Men movie, she was a villain working for Magneto, right? And we're still doing prequels aren't we? (evidenced by the fact that Xavier is still being played by Jams McAvoy)
    I admit I haven't been keeping up with recent X Men movies other than the trailers. The last one I saw was Days of Future Past.
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 834
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  AGoodReed March 7th 2019, 7:13 pm

AdamCollings wrote:
    AGoodReed wrote:Looks like Mystique is finally a full-fledged good guy now

But in the first X Men movie, she was a villain working for Magneto, right? And we're still doing prequels aren't we? (evidenced by the fact that Xavier is still being played by Jams McAvoy)
    I admit I haven't been keeping up with recent X Men movies other than the trailers. The last one I saw was Days of Future Past.

She was originally working with Magneto, and these movies are all still taking place before that movie's time period, but Days of Future Past altered the timeline, so everything's up in the air as far as I'm concerned. Plus, now she's played by the high-profile Jennifer Lawrence, so they seem to have a vested interest in keeping her a focal point.

Though there was that scene at the end of DoFP where Wolverine came back to the mansion in the current time and saw how things turned out. I don't think he saw Mystique there, but that's not necessarily proof that she becomes bad again.

Jean Grey was alive at the end of that movie, too, so we'll see if they stick with that in Dark Phoenix.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter March 8th 2019, 10:30 am

AGoodReed wrote:

Though there was that scene at the end of DoFP where Wolverine came back to the mansion in the current time and saw how things turned out. I don't think he saw Mystique there, but that's not necessarily proof that she becomes bad again.

Jean Grey was alive at the end of that movie, too, so we'll see if they stick with that in Dark Phoenix.

Oooh, that's a REALLY interesting point! I forgot about that moment and wonder if they will stay married to it! Logically they should, but I alos get that it was mostly about giving Logan a "happy ending", and maybe not done with thought about repercussions for continuity. We'll see!

www.spiritblade.com
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington March 13th 2019, 4:26 pm

Beware of Dark Phoenix trailers! One of the recent ones seemingly spoiled a major character death!

Other than that though, these trailers have gotten me very excited for this!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 26th 2024, 5:11 am