Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Digital trading cards

mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Digital trading cards Empty Digital trading cards

Post  mindspike June 19th 2019, 3:02 pm

Everyone knows what trading cards are, from baseball cards to movie cards. I've recently discovered that Topps also has an app to buy and trade wholly digital cards. To be clear, these cards are not physical - they are digital images linked to your Topps account. You can earn app currency to buy packs of random cards (or buy app currency), you can trade cards with other players.

I don't know why I'm fascinated by this, but I am. I've started playing with the Star Wars and Marvel apps. I'm seriously thinking about getting into the MLB app because apparently it includes a fantasy baseball league.

I used to collect movie and baseball cards when I was much younger. But an all digital version? I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the concept even as I'm tapping to tear open the digital packs and see what comes up next. If I were to examine it a bit more, I suspect my involvement is tied to CS Lewis observation, "Carnal joy is anticipation."

Anyway.... has anyone else check out these apps? Want to trade? Very Happy

Digital trading cards Star-wars-topps-card-trader-screenshot-1_1883b765

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Digital trading cards Empty Re: Digital trading cards

Post  Paeter June 20th 2019, 11:52 am

Wow, this almost blows my mind. Not my thing, but SO interesting as a concept!

www.spiritblade.com

Current date/time is April 26th 2024, 7:14 am