Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Clarification of times for my Extra Life Stream

AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Clarification of times for my Extra Life Stream Empty Clarification of times for my Extra Life Stream

Post  AdamCollings November 6th 2019, 5:54 pm

Time zones are confusing, especially around daylight savings changes (don't get me wrong, I love daylight savings. )

When I converted my international times, it was before America stopped daylight savings, and before we started it. So it seems my times were 2 hours out.

I believe the following should the correct times for my Extra Life stream:

Eastern Australian Time: Saturday 9th November 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM
    Pacific Time: Friday 8th November 1:00 PM to 8:00 PM
    Central Time: Friday 8th November 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM
    Eastern Time: Friday 8th November 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM
    China: Saturday 9th November 5:00 AM to 12:00 PM
    Netherlands Friday 8th November 10:00 PM to 5:00 AM
    United Kingdom 8th November 9:00 PM to 4:00 AM
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 835
    Geek-Cred : 4

Clarification of times for my Extra Life Stream Empty Re: Clarification of times for my Extra Life Stream

Post  AGoodReed November 6th 2019, 7:45 pm

AdamCollings wrote:(don't get me wrong, I love daylight savings. )

There's something I never thought I'd read.
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Clarification of times for my Extra Life Stream Empty Re: Clarification of times for my Extra Life Stream

Post  AdamCollings November 6th 2019, 10:06 pm

AGoodReed wrote:

Really? You sound like a Queenslander! LOL
    Here in Tasmania we championed daylight savings for the rest of Australia. We always did it longer than the other states until most of them finally followed our lead (a big thing since we're the small state everyone makes fun of). I really enjoy having the evening daylight during summer. Around here, during summer, it doesn't get dark until 9 maybe almost 10 o'clock.

Interested to know your perspective, Reed.
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 835
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  AGoodReed November 8th 2019, 3:34 am

AdamCollings wrote:
    AGoodReed wrote:

Really? You sound like a Queenslander! LOL
    Here in Tasmania we championed daylight savings for the rest of Australia. We always did it longer than the other states until most of them finally followed our lead (a big thing since we're the small state everyone makes fun of). I really enjoy having the evening daylight during summer. Around here, during summer, it doesn't get dark until 9 maybe almost 10 o'clock.

Interested to know your perspective, Reed.

I find Daylight Saving Time to be an outdated exercise that unnecessarily increases the difficulty of life, especially for someone living in another country who wants to call my family back home. Even when I lived in Missouri, I hated losing that hour of sleep every April, and gaining an hour in October didn't make up for it. I'm an early-to-bed type, anyway, so I like when the sun goes down early.

China doesn't observe DST. Of course, China also has only one time zone in its whole country because they just try to homogenize everything, so that's not so good.

Here's a snarky take:

"So, if it doesn't benefit our energy bill, our health, or our stupid, stupid cows, it has to make you wonder..."

Here's a less snarky take that will probably get a laugh out of Paeter because it talks about Arizona's lack of it:

Thanks a lot, Kiwi bug catcher guy.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter November 12th 2019, 9:41 am

AGoodReed wrote:

Here's a less snarky take that will probably get a laugh out of Paeter because it talks about Arizona's lack of it:

Nice. I'm such an indoor person that I never really considered the hot sun as a motivator. Mostly I've just gotten used to it from growing up primarily in AZ. And because, y'know, time is TIME! Reality doesn't change just because we think it should and tell each other to play along with our delusion by manipulating our timekeeping devices to perpetuate self-deception. Buncha relativists...

;-)

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 4:21 pm