Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

New Show from Dallas Jenkins breaking Crowdfunding Records and Innovating Christian Entertainment

AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

New Show from Dallas Jenkins breaking Crowdfunding Records and Innovating Christian Entertainment Empty New Show from Dallas Jenkins breaking Crowdfunding Records and Innovating Christian Entertainment

Post  AdamCollings February 19th 2020, 5:26 pm

I just came across this and found it very interesting. The director of The Ressurection of Gavin Stone, Dallas Jenkins, has created a crowd-funded show about Jesus which he plans to run for 8 seasons. The story here is that he has broken all crowdfunding records, and has innovated new technology to deliver the show, completely bypassing Hollywood.

It's an interesting read.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/02/17/how-a-crowdfunded-christian-tv-series-could-change-the-entertainment-industry/?fbclid=IwAR2pgFDoKiAQfO-DNBrmEXjMoNyqXzPSE6LV1tbDcq7F3XPZaMkPFupAaJA#.XkrxPOTWWGA.twitter
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

New Show from Dallas Jenkins breaking Crowdfunding Records and Innovating Christian Entertainment Empty Re: New Show from Dallas Jenkins breaking Crowdfunding Records and Innovating Christian Entertainment

Post  AdamCollings February 19th 2020, 7:54 pm

I've checked out the first episode, and I have to say I'm pretty impressed.
    Pretty decent production values. The actors are believably middle-eastern in their appearance and accents. And no trace of cheesy dialogue as is often the case with biblical movies.

So the show follows several of Jesus' followers. Nicodemus, Matthew, Mary Magdeline, Simon and Andrew. It digs depper into them and fleshes them out as characters quite a bit. Jesus makes an appearance right at the very end of episode 1.
    I'm actually pretty pumped about this and will be following it with a keen eye.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

New Show from Dallas Jenkins breaking Crowdfunding Records and Innovating Christian Entertainment Empty Re: New Show from Dallas Jenkins breaking Crowdfunding Records and Innovating Christian Entertainment

Post  Paeter February 20th 2020, 10:12 am

Very cool! Great to see him doing this kind of work! I've known about this for a bit but haven't felt pulled to cover it because it's not specifically relevant to Christian Geeks. But it's encouraging from a purely Christian standpoint and also from a creative Christian standpoint!

For those who may have missed it, here is my interview with the director of this project, regarding his last theatrical film, "The Resurrection of Gavin Stone":

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 26th 2024, 4:07 am