Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Ravi Zacharias: 1946-2020 (and on to eternity)

AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 835
    Geek-Cred : 4

Ravi Zacharias: 1946-2020 (and on to eternity) Empty Ravi Zacharias: 1946-2020 (and on to eternity)

Post  AGoodReed May 19th 2020, 8:47 am

Ravi Zacharias has graduated to his true home. Praise God for his life, ministry, and legacy. And for recording technology so we can keep listening to his messages.

https://disrn.com/news/ravi-zacharias-has-died-at-74
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Ravi Zacharias: 1946-2020 (and on to eternity) Empty Re: Ravi Zacharias: 1946-2020 (and on to eternity)

Post  Paeter May 19th 2020, 11:14 am

I am so grateful for his work, and how God shaped and used him so powerfully.

I was given "Can Man Live Without God" as a high school graduation present. The introduction was just way above my reading level and it sat on my shelf for probably a couple years. But eventually, my questions (and a dictionary close at hand) helped me push through to the main content (which I found easier to read, so skip that intro if it's holding you back!), which to this day remains one of the most powerful and effective responses to popular secular thought, as well as an antidote for the worldly thoughts that can still hinder me.

And in my own work, one of the principles that has had a huge impact is his differentiation between question and questioner.

"Don't answer the question, answer the questioner."

"Questions don't need answers. People need answers, and they use questions to get them."

Behind every question (or abrasive youtube comment, as the case may be) there is a person with hurts and needs and longings. And Ravi Zacharias has been used by the Holy Spirit to direct my heart and attention past the immediate sting or confrontation of someone's words, to try and see, and value, the person who is unwittingly exposing the needs of their heart.

I'm grateful that his pain is over and that he has begun the new life that I am endeavoring to develop my own hunger for.

(Psalm 16:11, ESV) You make known to me the path of life. In your presence there is fullness of joy. At your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

www.spiritblade.com

Current date/time is May 17th 2024, 5:57 am