Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Need New "Stunt" Ideas For Extra-Life!

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Need New "Stunt" Ideas For Extra-Life! Empty Need New "Stunt" Ideas For Extra-Life!

Post  Paeter August 17th 2020, 6:19 pm

I'm already starting to plan ahead for Extra-Life (about 2 and a half months away!) and I think I'll need some new ideas for crazy stunts I can do at certain fundraising thresholds.

Last year, those included:

1. let my boys tickle me for one minute straight
    2. cover my face in peanut butter & jelly while talking about horror movies,
    3. put on a frozen solid T-Shirt while playing video of me singing soothing classical music at my Senior Recital in college,
    4. shoot water up my nose with a Turkey Baster,
    5. get my wife Holly to play a game with me for 30 minutes of the livestream,
    6. squirm intensely, mortified, while showing an embarrassing clip from the original stage version of "Spirit Blade".

I think 1, 2 & 3 are sort of good for doing once but not as novel should I do them again this year.

I think 4 & 5 will still be entertaining if done again.

6 is off the table. Relieved it didn't happen last year.

What stunt do you think I could add that would help entice donations?

www.spiritblade.com

jorowi likes this post

jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

Need New "Stunt" Ideas For Extra-Life! Empty Re: Need New "Stunt" Ideas For Extra-Life!

Post  jorowi September 9th 2020, 10:27 am

1. Snort some pepper.
    2. Write "Geek" on your forehead with a Sharpie.
    3. Let your wife apply makeup to your face.
    4. Lick a 9-volt battery.
    5. Dye your hair with Kool-Aid.
    6. Let your boys punch you in the gut.
    7. Drink a raw egg.
    8. Eat a 2 oz. bag of Paqui Haunted Ghost Pepper tortilla chips (I'll buy them and send them to you).

I can do this all day. Let me know if you want more suggestions.

Twitter
    Instagram
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Need New "Stunt" Ideas For Extra-Life! Empty Re: Need New "Stunt" Ideas For Extra-Life!

Post  Paeter September 10th 2020, 9:37 am

jorowi wrote:1. Snort some pepper.
    2. Write "Geek" on your forehead with a Sharpie.
    3. Let your wife apply makeup to your face.
    4. Lick a 9-volt battery.
    5. Dye your hair with Kool-Aid.
    6. Let your boys punch you in the gut.
    7. Drink a raw egg.
    8. Eat a 2 oz. bag of Paqui Haunted Ghost Pepper tortilla chips (I'll buy them and send them to you).

I can do this all day. Let me know if you want more suggestions.

Oh my gosh, these are great! I hesitate to do anything during the stream involving eating or drinking, because I don't know how that might effect my ability to complete the marathon. But I can see myself fulfilling those at a promised time after the marathon.

The Sharpie idea is my favorite, I think. Ridiculous and has that feeling of the extreme because of how long it takes to get off. But also not as long-lasting as shaving head or eyebrows. If I add that, though, I might have to wait to fulfill it until the early morning hours of the marathon. (Midnight, maybe?) Now and then I find myself engaging in a serious topic with those in the chat, and that could be a distraction for the tone I would intend. But LOVE that idea, so I'll definitely be thinking about adding it, and thinking over all these other great ideas, too! Thank you so much!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 9th 2024, 5:50 pm