Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Harbinger Down (An Interesting Alternative to The Thing 2011)

Nathan James Norman
    Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

Activity : 805
    Geek-Cred : 47

Harbinger Down (An Interesting Alternative to The Thing 2011) Empty Harbinger Down (An Interesting Alternative to The Thing 2011)

Post  Nathan James Norman November 1st 2020, 6:37 pm

Have any of you seen the 2015 movie Harbinger Down?
    It was crowdfunded by Amalgamated Dynamics - the group that was hired to do practical effects for The Thing (2011)... and was disappointed when the studio opted for CGI instead.

In response they crowdfunded, then produced Harbinger Down which feels like it could be a part of The Thing universe. They used practical creature effects throughout.
    It's by no means a perfect movie, but it scratched that body-horror, monster movie itch that I was feeling.

You can watch it free on Tubi TV https://tubitv.com/movies/418801/harbinger-down
    (rated R for language and gore)
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Harbinger Down (An Interesting Alternative to The Thing 2011) Empty Re: Harbinger Down (An Interesting Alternative to The Thing 2011)

Post  Paeter November 2nd 2020, 10:33 am

Nathan James Norman wrote:

You can watch it free on Tubi TV https://tubitv.com/movies/418801/harbinger-down
    (rated R for language and gore)    

Oh my gosh I'm checking this out tonight! Thank you!!

www.spiritblade.com
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 835
    Geek-Cred : 4

Harbinger Down (An Interesting Alternative to The Thing 2011) Empty Re: Harbinger Down (An Interesting Alternative to The Thing 2011)

Post  AGoodReed November 2nd 2020, 1:18 pm

I hadn't heard of it, but I'll put it in my (already enormous) Tubi queue.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 19th 2024, 5:54 pm