Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Wonder Woman 1984 On HBO Max Dec. 25th!!

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Wonder Woman 1984 On HBO Max Dec. 25th!! Empty Wonder Woman 1984 On HBO Max Dec. 25th!!

Post  Paeter November 19th 2020, 9:56 am

Wow! The future is here!!

It was just announced that the new Wonder Woman movie will be in both theaters AND HBO max on Christmas Day. That sounds like an AWESOME way to wind down at the end of the big day.

Doesn't sound like it will have an additional cost (like Mulan did on Disney Plus) but I supposes that's a possibility. But my family will very likely want to watch it with me, so either way it will be a smokin' deal for us all to watch it at home!

I know Covid is likely to settle down over the next year, and that this probably represents a financial blow to WB, but this kind of big blockbuster release streaming at home on release date (far away from obliviously rude "talkers" in movie theaters) is a dream of the future I've had for over a decade. So I'd love for it to stay long after Covid is gone.

What do you guys think? Anyone planning to stream this on the 25th or that weekend?

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1759
    Geek-Cred : 11

Wonder Woman 1984 On HBO Max Dec. 25th!! Empty Re: Wonder Woman 1984 On HBO Max Dec. 25th!!

Post  AdamCollings November 20th 2020, 12:29 am

I imagine we'll go see it at the cinema on boxing day. We're usually too exhausted to do anything Christmas day afternoon.
    Our cinemas are open in a limited fashion (not so much limited because of COVID, because we haven't had in COVID in Tasmania for months) but because there are simply no movies coming out.\

I think I will always enjoy going to the cinema for the sheer novelty of it. (I only tend to go a couple of times per year, so it still feels like something special to me) but I also enjoy the convenience of watching something at home. My TV will never be able to compete with the big screen and sound system they have at the cinema, though. And out local cinema isn't even that great.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Wonder Woman 1984 On HBO Max Dec. 25th!! Empty Re: Wonder Woman 1984 On HBO Max Dec. 25th!!

Post  Paeter November 20th 2020, 10:10 am

AdamCollings wrote:

I think I will always enjoy going to the cinema for the sheer novelty of it.

I have to confess that I was a little bummed to realize I wouldn't be enjoying movie theater popcorn while watching this one. Concessions are WAY overpriced, but I buy a membership since I go so often, which essentially reduces drinks to $2 and gives me a free medium popcorn every time I see a movie. So I've become spoiled and "entitled" a bit.

Still won't miss those talkers, though...

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1759
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings November 24th 2020, 8:06 pm

I must be really lucky to have avoided talkers. I can't think of a time when I've ever noticed it happening.
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 835
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  AGoodReed December 1st 2020, 10:12 am

Paeter wrote:(far away from obliviously rude "talkers" in movie theaters)

In China, some people like to answer their phones and take pictures of the screen. And seats are assigned, so depending on how full the theater is, moving may not be an option. Thankfully, when I saw Ant-Man, there weren't many people there, so when the people down the row from me kept answering their phones, I was able to flee.

Oh, and I don't know if I'll watch this when it comes out or not. Maybe I'll jump in with a free trial just for that. But I wasn't planning on spending money on HBO Max until the Snyder Cut came out.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter December 1st 2020, 1:06 pm

AGoodReed wrote:

In China, some people like to answer their phones and take pictures of the screen. And seats are assigned, so depending on how full the theater is, moving may not be an option.

Oh man, this is why I stopped going to one theater location I had gone to for years. I even had a friendly, hopefully gracious chat with a manager expressing my concern over talkers. I asked if I could get up and move away from talkers if there is another seat open after the movie starts. She "pretty much" said yes, but did not instill enough confidence in me to keep me going there. Sadly, they are reportedly serving as the prototype for a model that all their theaters will eventually follow. I hope that's not the case. I get that it allows people to buy tickets in advance and get a "good" seat without waiting in line for a long time. But the "good" seats for me are the ones far away from people providing commentary on the movie.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 16th 2024, 1:41 am