Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Dissolving The CGC Network

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Dissolving The CGC Network Empty Dissolving The CGC Network

Post  Paeter July 22nd 2021, 11:51 am

Having already contacted the CGC Network members to let them know, I wanted to give all of you the heads up that I am discontinuing the Christian Geek Central Network. (This includes deleting the forums here that are specifically dedicated to some of our member shows, which also have not been used in several years. These CGC Network forums will be deleted sometime after this coming weekend.)

I started moving things in this direction years ago, but a couple members expressed an interest in seeing the network continue, so I let it for a time. I haven't made any changes or renewed any efforts with it since then, and I hope you'll agree now that it's long overdue to put it to bed.

This decision is one of several I'm making right now to bring my efforts into a greater and unified focus, and to recommit to the pursuit of excellence in everything I'm doing. What I have done with and for the CGC Network is far below the bar I set for myself in probably every other area of my work, and that has never sat well with me. The CGC Network was created (without much vision for it) during a time when I imagined CGC to increasingly become a hub and spotlight for entertainment content made by and for Christian Geeks. And while I will continue doing some promotion of that kind of content and entertainment, such promotion has never been a passion of mine. My efforts have increasingly shaped CGC into a brand that represents my own content creation efforts. So rather than try to swim upstream and do a poor job of it, I'm going to play to my strengths and passions and lean further into my own content creation, making promotion of other content creators a continuing but comparatively small part of my content output.

The Network was a loose affiliation from the start, with the only required link being that we promote the network in each episode of our shows. I kept things loose intentionally, to avoid placing burdens on anyone. Maybe I should have done more so that there could have been a developing cooperative bond that members could benefit more from. Then again, coordinating that kind of thing is outside both my skill set and interest.

I am still happy to explore cooperative content creation and I have plans to "replace" the network plug on the CGC podcast with other ways of promoting some former CGC Network members and other Christian Geek content creators. For now, I think the Christian Geekly News segment of the podcast may be where those kinds of spotlight moments begin to happen. Not as frequently, but certainly more meaningfully and effectively.

I also want to thank all CGC Network members so much for being a part of the network. This includes: The Strangers and Aliens Podcast, the theology gaming podcast, the Untold Podcast, POS-TOS, Helix Reviews, the Retro Rewind Podcast & The Cel Cast. I have been honored to be associated with so many great content creators, many of whom likely have podcast audiences much larger than my own. I'm ashamed to say that I suspect I benefited more from our association than anyone else. Thank you for your grace in choosing to be associated with me and Christian Geek Central.

I look forward to exploring new and more effective ways to highlight the excellent creative work of Christian Geeks!

-Paeter

www.spiritblade.com

Current date/time is May 6th 2024, 11:11 am