Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Jurassic World Dominion

AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1759
    Geek-Cred : 11

Jurassic World Dominion Empty Jurassic World Dominion

Post  AdamCollings February 10th 2022, 8:00 pm

Well, I'm in.

This trailer has a lot that I like.
    The idea of seeing the dinosaurs really interacting with us in our world has always appealed to me, which is why I liked the epilogue bit at the end of The Lost World.
    It'll be a lot of fun to see some of the old favourite characters side by side with Chris Pratt.

I know the Jurassic World series hasn't been for everyone, but for my money, I say each of these movies have contributed something new and interesting to the franchise.
    Certainly a whole lot more than Jurassic Park 3!

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Jurassic World Dominion Empty Re: Jurassic World Dominion

Post  Paeter February 15th 2022, 3:17 pm

I think I'm with you on this. I wanted the dinosaurs being loose in the world to be the premise of the FIRST Jurassic world movie. Now they are finally getting to it! I'm just wondering if this will end the franchise completely. I feel like THIS premise is ripe for more, but they took so long getting here that the franchise may have outstayed its welcome by now. Maybe they could pick it up again in another 10 years?

www.spiritblade.com
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 835
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  AGoodReed February 15th 2022, 11:43 pm

I still haven't seen any of them after Jurassic Park III, but now I feel like I need to go back and watch everything. Are The Lost World: Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park II still canon?
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Post  AdamCollings February 16th 2022, 4:59 pm

AGoodReed wrote:I still haven't seen any of them after Jurassic Park III, but now I feel like I need to go back and watch everything. Are The Lost World: Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park II still canon?

Yes they are. Certainly, nothing has contradicted them. Pretty sure there have been one or two subtle references to The Lost World.
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Post  AdamCollings February 16th 2022, 5:03 pm

Paeter wrote:I think I'm with you on this. I wanted the dinosaurs being loose in the world to be the premise of the FIRST Jurassic world movie. Now they are finally getting to it! I'm just wondering if this will end the franchise completely. I feel like THIS premise is ripe for more, but they took so long getting here that the franchise may have outstayed its welcome by now. Maybe they could pick it up again in another 10 years?

Yes, I'm glad we've reached the point of Dinosaurs on the loose in our world. We got a little taste of that at the end of The Lost World (one of the reasons I like that movie) but they're obviously diving deep into that idea here, and kind of re-framing the meaning of the term "Jurassic World".

I liked the premise of the first Jurassic World, in that it showed us a fully operating Dinosaur Park that was imagined in the original Jurassic Park but never really seen. To me, that was really cool. But in order to get from there to where we are now, we kind of needed Fallen Kingdom to bridge the gap, which sadly only leaves us this one movie to really explore Dinosaurs on the loose, assuming this is a trilogy.

If this one goes well, I'd be open to a fourth movie continuing the "dinosaurs on the loose" idea.
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster March 3rd 2022, 1:07 am

Not sure if anyone seen Battle at Big Rock but it was a short film made that gives a taste at what the world is like post Fallen Kingdom.

AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Post  AdamCollings March 3rd 2022, 5:33 pm

Wow! Thanks for sharing that, Rick. That was awesome!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 19th 2024, 3:26 pm