Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Black Adam Trailer

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Black Adam Trailer Empty Black Adam Trailer

Post  Paeter June 8th 2022, 10:26 am

Dude, I'm in.

And it's really cool to see the high-contrast, saturated yet muted-color, almost "metallic" visual look that Zack Snyder established being employed again here. Makes me hopeful that in the wake of Zack Snyder's Justice League the DC movies may retain some interest in the tone he established, at least as a default when it suits the subject matter(as I think it does here with this darker character).

Of course, its a trailer, and trailers either lie or show too much. So what do YOU guys think?

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Black Adam Trailer Empty Re: Black Adam Trailer

Post  AdamCollings June 8th 2022, 7:37 pm

I had basically given up on the DCEU. Haven't seen Birds of Prey or The Suicide Squad. Still not sure what to think about The Flash.

Black Adam intrigues me. It looks pretty good, to be honest. I'll definitely watch this one. (If you give a glowing review, I might even consider seeing it at the cinema - something I rarely do because it's SO EXPENSIVE).

Dwayne Johnson really confuses me. I remember years ago when he first got connected to Black Adam he shared this message on social media "Don't worry guys, the future of DC movies is bright, optimistic and funny." And that really turned me off.

But he's since been outspoken in defence of Zach Snyder and Henry Cavil. So....I don't quite know where he's coming from.
    But he was born to play this character. I've not always considered him the greatest actor in the world, but I'm expecting good things from him in this movie.

The tone and visuals we've seen so far of Black Adam make it seem like it would fit in well with the early DCEU.

And with recent talk of Warner Bros being bought, the former head (who was anti-Synder) stepping down, and the new higher-ups saying they want Cavil front and centre, all bets are off again. Is it possible the DCEU might return to what it was when I liked it? I dare not hope, but I'm certainly paying attention.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter June 15th 2022, 2:02 pm

AdamCollings wrote:

And with recent talk of Warner Bros being bought, the former head (who was anti-Synder) stepping down, and the new higher-ups saying they want Cavil front and centre, all bets are off again. Is it possible the DCEU might return to what it was when I liked it? I dare not hope, but I'm certainly paying attention.

Whoah whoah! News to me! Where did you get this? I'm VERY interested, especially any talk about Henry Cavil's Superman. Can you drop a link to a rabbit hole I can go down?

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings June 15th 2022, 6:25 pm

Looks like there's a bit of speculation going on, but it's all about the purchase of Warner Bros by Discovery, Former head (and anti-snyderist) Toby Emmerich stepping down, and new head,
    David Zaslav saying he wanted to cancel new Superman projects and get back to having Cavill Superman at the centre of the DC universe.

Toby Emmerich steps down
    https://www.indiewire.com/2022/06/toby-emmerich-steps-down-warner-bros-motion-pictures-1234729942/

New Head wants Superman Revival
    https://thedirect.com/article/superman-revival

Possibly involvement by Cavill
    https://thedirect.com/article/zack-snyder-superman-henry-cavill-future-post

The original quote that got everyone excited is behind a paywall. But here is what was said:
    According to The Wrap’s sources “they [Warner Bros] should cancel all Superman projects in development and start from scratch with [Henry] Cavill.”

A little more about that (This one uses some emotive and opinionated language)
    https://cosmicbook.news/dc-insider-woke-superman-cancellation-henry-cavill
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter June 22nd 2022, 3:56 pm

Thanks for the links Adam! Interesting to look into!

www.spiritblade.com
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 835
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  AGoodReed June 23rd 2022, 11:07 am

My life is so busy that my interest in things I used to love (like superhero movies) has been forcefully suppressed, so I wasn't expecting much from this trailer. But then I saw the Justice Society, and the lack of goofiness, so I'm interested.

If I found out that there's nudity or "groomer" stuff, though, I'm out.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter June 23rd 2022, 6:35 pm

AGoodReed wrote:

I'd be really surprised by nudity here. What is groomer stuff? The Urban Dictionary says: "a groomer is someone who builds a relationship, trust and emotional connection with a child or young person so they can manipulate, exploit and abuse them." Is that what you mean?

www.spiritblade.com
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 835
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  AGoodReed June 24th 2022, 11:34 am

Paeter wrote:
    AGoodReed wrote:

I'd be really surprised by nudity here. What is groomer stuff? The Urban Dictionary says: "a groomer is someone who builds a relationship, trust and emotional connection with a child or young person so they can manipulate, exploit and abuse them." Is that what you mean?

Yeah, it's basically that on a corporate level. Like Disney and Pixar putting a lesbian kiss front-and-center in Lightyear or schools hosting drag queen events for students. Entertainment companies and government agencies are trying to make sexually immoral things seem normal to children so as to "groom" them to accept unbiblical, anti-Christian practices. I cannot support that.

Black Adam obviously isn't meant for little kids, but at PG-13, it'll still bring in a young, impressionable audience of teens and pre-teens.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 6th 2024, 12:16 pm