Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

New Animated Babylon 5 Movie

AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

New Animated Babylon 5 Movie Empty New Animated Babylon 5 Movie

Post  AdamCollings May 3rd 2023, 6:06 pm

JMS has been teasing something new and exciting (not the partially stalled reboot) for a while.
    Today he announced it.

A new animated movie set in existing canon involving all the surviving actors from the original show.

https://www.thecompanion.app/babylon-5-animated-movie/

This is pretty exciting news. And he said if it does well there could be plenty more of these. I'm excited to see what kinds of stories JMS is wanting to tell in this new medium.
    I'm not a big animation guy, but it seems a good choice for the aging cast.

AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

New Animated Babylon 5 Movie Empty Re: New Animated Babylon 5 Movie

Post  AdamCollings May 10th 2023, 6:44 pm

More exciting details released today
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/babylon-5-the-road-home-voice-cast-unveiled-1235483312/

The title is "Babylon 5: The Road Home"

We have learned that beloved characters whose actors have sadly passed away have been recast with new voice actors. I was wondering if JMS would do this. I'm glad that we'll be seeing those characters again. B5 wouldn't be B5 without them, and I'm sure JMS has done it in a way that is respectful to the late actors.

The movie will have "a realistic, serious-drama kiund of look rather than anything 'cartoony'", which makes me happy, but I didn't really expect anything less.

The plot logline is interesting
    “Travel across the galaxy with John Sheridan as he unexpectedly finds himself transported through multiple timelines and alternate realities in a quest to find his way back home. Along the way he reunites with some familiar faces, while discovering cosmic new revelations about the history, purpose, and meaning of the Universe.”

Honestly not the kind of story I expected from Babylon 5. The franchise has always been pretty grounded in the sci-fi concepts it uses. (it dipped into time travel one time). This almost sounds like a Spiderman No Way Home kind of thing. Anyway, I trust JMS. I'm sure this will be a meaningful story that will fit the established universe, and not feel like cashing in on a trendy concept.

The movie is coming out "this summer" which is obviously a northern-hemisphere reference. So in the next couple of months. Now I must hope that it will be available globally.

Current date/time is May 6th 2024, 10:34 pm