Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+6
Tim
hvymtlcowboy
kevbayer
Hackmodford
WhiteBoy
Paeter
10 posters

Video Games

Hackmodford
    Hackmodford
    Tech Admin
    Alliance Director

Activity : 797
    Geek-Cred : 7

Video Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Video Games

Post  Hackmodford July 7th 2010, 1:50 pm

Digdug445 wrote:Ok uh Just wondering is it free cause I have $0.18 of iTunes cash? lol

No it's 6.99 and worth it...

If you want free get "cubed runner" or "jelly car" "shredder lite" "sol free"

Video Games - Page 2 UntoldAlliancesJPG1_Resized

Goozex: Trade Videogames and save money!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter July 10th 2010, 3:24 pm

kevbayer wrote:

I've heard NWN is good. But I'm a stickler for good graphics. How's it compare?

If graphics are a vital selling point, then you'd best save your money. The graphics are probably around original xbox quality. I started playing before getting my 360, and the NWN graphics were better than any PS2 games, so I was thrilled. After of year of 360, NWN graphics are showing their age to me, but i still love the gameplay.

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter July 10th 2010, 3:28 pm

Digdug445 wrote:Hey anyone who has any iPhone or iPod touch and wants a good 3D MMORPG(Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game, for anyone who doesn't know what that stands for). There is a good free one out called Pocket Legends. You can fight zombies, skeletons, etc. as an Enchantress,Warrior, or Archer. Its something I think Paeter would like. Wink

Sounds cool! But no ipod or other neat gadgets for me. Crying or Very sad

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster July 10th 2010, 8:46 pm

Being an unemployed college student I don't have the money for games so any money I do get right now is going to my preorder for Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep on the PSP
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Video Games - Page 2 Empty Baldur's Gate

Post  Paeter August 19th 2010, 8:49 pm

I'm seriously considering purchasing the 4 in 1 collection of Baldur's Gate for PC. Love Bioware and have read some good reviews, but haven't talked to many who have played it. Anyone have any thoughts on these games?

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter September 6th 2010, 12:44 am

Well, I went ahead and bought Baldur's Gate (4 in 1 set) and I'm really digging it! Although I'm grateful for the cheat codes available online to level up and get some extra gold.

Without a 2-3 level head start I found the game to require much more thinking then I felt like investing in a game this old. But with the slight level boost the pace has increased and the challenge is still there without bogging me down in micro-management.

Great so far!

www.spiritblade.com
    UKSteve
    UKSteve

Activity : 354
    Geek-Cred : 10

Post  UKSteve September 6th 2010, 11:57 am

I've been playing Lego Star Wars II with my nearly-5-year-old daughter. Oh yes.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter September 6th 2010, 1:01 pm

UKSteve wrote:I've been playing Lego Star Wars II with my nearly-5-year-old daughter. Oh yes.

I suck at action games but I've heard those lego games are pretty easy. What's your take Steve?

www.spiritblade.com
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Post  mindspike September 6th 2010, 2:26 pm

The Lego series are primarily puzzlers, not action games. They just masquerade as action games because of the platformer interface. We've got Star Wars (complete series), Indiana Jones 1, and Batman. Heard good things about IJ2 and Harry Potter.

The action in the series involves destroying the landscape and solving terrain puzzles. Periodically, you have to stop to fight goons, but these are mostly just there to increase the general difficulty level. You don't have lives to lose, it just lowers your score. You can't actually lose the game.

The sheer variety of actions available makes these games hugely entertaining, but it is the licensing that turned them into runaway hits. LEGO did another series of puzzler/builder games on "LEGO Island" that were essentially identical in game play to the licensed games. They just never took off. If you like puzzlers the licensing makes these games engaging and cool. If you like the licenses, the puzzles and interface makes the game play accessible and repeatable. Good stuff!

Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter September 7th 2010, 8:15 pm

Sweet! I'll have to keep my eye out for them! Are they best played with someone else, or on your own?

www.spiritblade.com
    UKSteve
    UKSteve

Activity : 354
    Geek-Cred : 10

Post  UKSteve September 8th 2010, 2:39 pm

I was always a big puzzler fan on the Speccy and Amiga, so I get a kick out of that on Lego Star Wars, but the action sequences and demolishing things into tiny bits of Lego is fun too! The fact that you cannot die makes it a little easy, but at the same time makes it fun (if a little frustrating!) to play with a little sidekick Smile
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Post  mindspike September 8th 2010, 4:08 pm

Paeter wrote:Sweet! I'll have to keep my eye out for them! Are they best played with someone else, or on your own?

I've had my best experiences playing solo, as I get very focused on the game. Playing with my children - six and nine - really doesn't do anything for me in the way of accomplishing in-game goals. Some teamwork with another adult can make the games substantially easier as you can effectively run interference for each other. These games have provided a HUGE number of hours of entertaiment for our family.

Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter September 11th 2010, 1:48 am

Was looking for a way to make the weekend my own special "guy weekend" since my wife is out of town on a church women's retreat. Just when I'd run out of ideas I realized that the last DLC for Dragon Age Origins came out this week and I hadn't played the one before it, either. And since I only spent about 3 bucks on comics this week, I didn't hesitate to drop 10 bucks to get both of the DLCs.

Woohoo! Back in the world of Dragon Age and havin' a ball! Can't wait to see what Morrigan has been up to!

www.spiritblade.com

Post  Guest September 11th 2010, 2:32 am

Neat to see the Lego games getting the love. I never thought I would get the appeal of them, but I eventually saw the light. After much energy and interest in a game called The Force Unleashed, my wife came home with the Lego Star Wars Saga edition, which turned out to be a super long game (and was super cheap, too). Then followed Lego Indiana Jones and Lego Batman, and now, lately, Lego Harry Potter. I imagine the Lego Clone Wars will be next eventually. I'm hoping they will adapt The Lord of the Rings, because that would be just completely bonkers!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter September 12th 2010, 1:49 am

Just finished the DLC for Dragon Age and it pretty much rocks. Left me wanting to play more of my second Dragon Age run-through, but I'm also getting a kick of Baldur's Gate (which Dragon Age is said to be the successor of by Bioware).

Which to play? What to do? So... much... gaming goodness... Head... about to...
    affraid (Cut to classic "Scanners" clip) BOOOOM!!!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 16th 2024, 12:16 pm