Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

5 posters

Golgatha's Tale Vintage Audio Clips

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Golgatha's Tale Vintage Audio Clips Empty Golgatha's Tale Vintage Audio Clips

Post  Paeter July 3rd 2010, 12:32 am

Boy, sometimes I can't believe how much I willingly expose my stupidity and total lack of coolness to you guys. I'm not sure which was worse. The 1999 concert version of Golgatha's Tale or the live version with the "neato" upbeat last chorus.

I'd claw my eyes out, but that wouldn't stop the sound of suck!

Wink

www.spiritblade.com
    Hackmodford
    Hackmodford
    Tech Admin
    Alliance Director

Activity : 797
    Geek-Cred : 7

Golgatha's Tale Vintage Audio Clips Empty Re: Golgatha's Tale Vintage Audio Clips

Post  Hackmodford July 3rd 2010, 10:54 am

Hehe... that was pretty funny. Though that is my favorite song in the spiritblade stories.

I wonder if I should post my "first" radio drama... That one is REALLY embarassing! (might make you feel better Paeter, it was done live also)

Golgatha's Tale Vintage Audio Clips UntoldAlliancesJPG1_Resized

Goozex: Trade Videogames and save money!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Golgatha's Tale Vintage Audio Clips Empty Re: Golgatha's Tale Vintage Audio Clips

Post  Paeter July 3rd 2010, 12:16 pm

Hackmodford wrote:Hehe... that was pretty funny. Though that is my favorite song in the spiritblade stories.

I wonder if I should post my "first" radio drama... That one is REALLY embarassing! (might make you feel better Paeter, it was done live also)

If you'd like. But it's kinda like the age old moral lesson of revenge. Hurting someone now won't make the pain of yesterday go away. Wink The old versions of Golgatha's Tale will still be there...gnawing at my brain...

www.spiritblade.com
    Tim
    Tim

Activity : 258
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  Tim July 3rd 2010, 8:01 pm

The best thing is just to remember that no matter how embarrassed you are about it, there is probably somebody with a more embarrassing story. Besides we all have our "What was I thinking" moments. I still have some running in-jokes with my brother based off of the "Audio Dramas" (and I use the term "Drama" loosely) that he and I used to record on my old Fisher Price Tape player and recorder. Most of those embarrassing moments are from me; but it's OK cause I sneakily recorded him singing Seal's "Kiss from a Rose" and have that as leverage!!

><>

><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

PS 144:1
    1COR 4:20

><>
    kevbayer
    kevbayer

Activity : 19
    Geek-Cred : 0

Post  kevbayer July 4th 2010, 4:58 pm

Tim wrote:Besides we all have our "What was I thinking" moments. I still have some running in-jokes with my brother based off of the "Audio Dramas"><>

Heh. Yeah, when I think back to when I first started working in radio in high-school and the stuff me and my buddy would do on the air (or record in the production studio...) and to think reels and cassettes of that stuff is still around somewhere. I shudder. Now the stuff we did in college was better, but I don't think I'd let my young kids listen to some of it. We went risque on some of our stuff. And when the woman who would become my wife started working there too?! Oh that was bad.

Hackmodford
    Hackmodford
    Tech Admin
    Alliance Director

Post  Hackmodford July 6th 2010, 1:48 pm

Okay Here's my embarassing bit (just to make Paeter feel better...)
    Mountie's Moment (LIVE RADIO PLAY)

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster July 6th 2010, 4:42 pm

My first film was so bad
    It was a movie called "Ticket Wars: Attack of the line cutters" It was about two guys in line to see Star wars Episode 3 when Episode 2 had just come out. and I didn't have any actors so I used some of my old star wars action figures and you see my hands moving them. So basicly the movie was a video of me playing with toys
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter July 6th 2010, 5:01 pm

Rickster wrote:So basicly the movie was a video of me playing with toys

lol! Dude, that TOTALLY sounds like something I would do. Hilarious picture you put in my head! Thank you.

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter July 6th 2010, 5:06 pm

Hackmodford wrote:Okay Here's my embarassing bit (just to make Paeter feel better...)

That's actually pretty good for a first live audio drama! Reminds me of "A Prairie Home Companion" a little bit. (Google is your friend) Was this performed at your church in a service or something?

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster December 14th 2010, 2:55 am

Paeter wrote:
    Rickster wrote:So basicly the movie was a video of me playing with toys

lol! Dude, that TOTALLY sounds like something I would do. Hilarious picture you put in my head! Thank you.

I'll have to find it and maybe I'll post it on Youtube
    Hackmodford
    Hackmodford
    Tech Admin
    Alliance Director

Post  Hackmodford December 14th 2010, 9:54 am

Paeter wrote:
    Hackmodford wrote:Okay Here's my embarassing bit (just to make Paeter feel better...)

That's actually pretty good for a first live audio drama! Reminds me of "A Prairie Home Companion" a little bit. (Google is your friend) Was this performed at your church in a service or something?

It started as a class project that was going to be pre-recorded. Then it morphed into a live performance at a special Dinner held by my Teacher and her Husband for the hole church. So it essentially evolved into a dinner theatre. I also got to perform a piece on my Ukulele with a guitar player in my church.

It was pure awesomeness...

But all in all I'd say the biggest thing I learned was I'm not a good writer, but I also learned how to "write for the actors"

For instance... Brian plays the part of Simon (Sylvia's Father) and he actually has that kind of tone in real life. So I wrote his charecter with that in mind.

It was a blast bounce

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 26th 2024, 5:40 pm