Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Didn't understand Thor's ending

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Didn't understand Thor's ending  Empty Didn't understand Thor's ending

Post  Rickster May 14th 2011, 10:17 pm

Just in case you guys didn't know some movies have what's called Tag scenes. Which are scenes at the end of the credits and since Iron Man 2's Tag scene involved Thor's hammer I made my dad sit through the credits to see if there was one and I was right only I don't understand it.
    What did Nick Fury show the guy (I don't remember his name but the guy who was helping Jane (natile sp Portman)?
    I first thought it was the location of Capt. America but why would Loki care about that?
    I think it's pretty obvious that Loki was controling that guy but was he controling him the whole time or was he just doing it in this scene?
    If anyone has any idea please let me know
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Didn't understand Thor's ending  Empty Re: Didn't understand Thor's ending

Post  mindspike May 15th 2011, 12:50 am

The object in question, my friend, is a Cosmic Cube, a staple of Marvel cosmology for many years now.

And it means that Avengers is going to be freaking cosmic!

As for the Loki thing. It seems unlikely that Loki was controlling the old man at the time, and certainly not from the beginning of the movie. Loki is often seen whispering motivations in a character's ear, I suspect that is what was happening. If not, well, it would not be the first really horribly non-sensical element used in the execution of the Thor screenplay.

Rickster

Post  Rickster June 2nd 2011, 9:08 pm

mindspike wrote:The object in question, my friend, is a Cosmic Cube, a staple of Marvel cosmology for many years now.

And it means that Avengers is going to be freaking cosmic!

As for the Loki thing. It seems unlikely that Loki was controlling the old man at the time, and certainly not from the beginning of the movie. Loki is often seen whispering motivations in a character's ear, I suspect that is what was happening. If not, well, it would not be the first really horribly non-sensical element used in the execution of the Thor screenplay.

Thanks Mindspike Do you think a Cosmic Cube will be featured in Captain America?
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Post  mindspike June 3rd 2011, 12:28 pm

I doubt we'll see the Cosmic Cube in the Captain America film, the trailers just seem a little too grounded for them to jump right into the cosmic stuff. But you never know.

I suspect that CA will end with Cap getting frozen in ice, and we'll have a tag on the end of SHIELD finding him that way. That would be the classic story element.

Other tellings of the CA tale have taken different routes to get him to the present, included Rob Liefeld having him be "immortal" and repeatedly memory wiped by SHIELD (shudder), and having Cap travel through time, so at this point anything goes, I guess.

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter June 5th 2011, 1:13 am

mindspike wrote:I doubt we'll see the Cosmic Cube in the Captain America film, the trailers just seem a little too grounded for them to jump right into the cosmic stuff. But you never know.

I suspect that CA will end with Cap getting frozen in ice, and we'll have a tag on the end of SHIELD finding him that way. That would be the classic story element.

Other tellings of the CA tale have taken different routes to get him to the present, included Rob Liefeld having him be "immortal" and repeatedly memory wiped by SHIELD (shudder), and having Cap travel through time, so at this point anything goes, I guess.

My vote is for the classic "frozen in ice" bit. They used it well in "Ultimates".

About the cube, I'm no Marvel fanboy, but I definitely know about the cosmic cube and have read a couple stories that featured it prominently. How could you tell it was the cube? My memory is fuzzy now, but they seemed to be looking at some tech-based gizmo that could have been any number of things. What detail(s) did I miss that flagged it as "the cosmic cube"?

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster June 6th 2011, 12:26 am

Paeter wrote:
    mindspike wrote:I doubt we'll see the Cosmic Cube in the Captain America film, the trailers just seem a little too grounded for them to jump right into the cosmic stuff. But you never know.

My vote is for the classic "frozen in ice" bit. They used it well in "Ultimates".

About the cube, I'm no Marvel fanboy, but I definitely know about the cosmic cube and have read a couple stories that featured it prominently. How could you tell it was the cube? My memory is fuzzy now, but they seemed to be looking at some tech-based gizmo that could have been any number of things. What detail(s) did I miss that flagged it as "the cosmic cube"?

That's my vote too.
    That story line was featured in Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heros and the Lionsgate Animated Avengers movie and anything else would confuse the kids and Casual Marvel fans (like me)
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Post  mindspike June 6th 2011, 5:22 pm

Paeter wrote:About the cube, I'm no Marvel fanboy, but I definitely know about the cosmic cube and have read a couple stories that featured it prominently. How could you tell it was the cube? My memory is fuzzy now, but they seemed to be looking at some tech-based gizmo that could have been any number of things. What detail(s) did I miss that flagged it as "the cosmic cube"?

My fanboy senses were tingling.... The object shown at the end of Thor showed a cube inside a box lined with high-tech gear. That, plus Fury's description of it is why I say it is a Cosmic Cube. This has since been confirmed by Marvel Studios, never fear!

The first Cosmic Cube in the comics was created by AIM, from their experiments with "Element X", and it now appears that the origin of the Cosmic Cube will be a plot element of the Captain America movie - as this released still from the movie shows a deliciously evil Red Skull (Hugo Weaving) basking in its power.

Didn't understand Thor's ending  PHCCzqV2Qo3tFL_3_m

I suppose that's fitting. I'm used to thinking of the Cube in connection with cosmic stuff like the Silver Surfer and Nova, but for many years it was a staple of the Captain America comics, and a focal point of conflict between him and the Skull. In fact, come to think of it, the Red Skull has been the wielder of a Cosmic Cube more times than any other Marvel villain, including Thanos and Doctor Doom.

Awesome sauce!

Rickster

Post  Rickster July 14th 2011, 4:25 pm

Here's the clip

I can tell it's a cube now
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter July 14th 2011, 4:54 pm

mindspike wrote:
    The object shown at the end of Thor showed a cube inside a box lined with high-tech gear.

I must have been trying to figure the whole interior of the case out and didn't see what was right in front of me.

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster July 15th 2011, 12:49 am

Well acording to this TV Spot that is what goiing to happen

I'm actually surprised that, that scene was shown in TV spot either they just showed us the ending/tag scene or they are going to find him in the begining of the movie and his story will be told in a long Flashback

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 16th 2024, 7:11 pm