Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Lost TV series

Hackmodford
    Hackmodford
    Tech Admin
    Alliance Director

Activity : 797
    Geek-Cred : 7

Lost TV series Empty Lost TV series

Post  Hackmodford October 13th 2011, 12:24 pm

I have recently finished season 2 of lost on Netflix and can definitely say that I'm hooked!
    I was wondering if anyone else has watched it before me... and I was curious if Paeter watched it. I think he would've really enjoyed it because of how deeply it is a character driven sci-fi story...

Lost TV series UntoldAlliancesJPG1_Resized

Goozex: Trade Videogames and save money!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Lost TV series Empty Re: Lost TV series

Post  Paeter October 13th 2011, 3:04 pm

Hackmodford wrote:I have recently finished season 2 of lost on Netflix and can definitely say that I'm hooked!
    I was wondering if anyone else has watched it before me... and I was curious if Paeter watched it. I think he would've really enjoyed it because of how deeply it is a character driven sci-fi story...

Yes! I really DID enjoy it for that reason... until season 3. Season three focused too much on the "love triangle" characters and neglected other characters with more interesting stories. (IMO)

The show also continued to present more mysteries than it solved, which was frustrating for me. I wanted the show to give me more answers and for them to cohesively satisfy my curiosity. I didn't need every question answered, but most of them. My wife felt the same way and we quit after season 3. (or was it 4?)

A buddy has been trying to convince me to give it another shot. My conditions for doing so included a series finale that answered most of the questions about the series (such as exactly what the Island is and how it has all of it's "supernatural" properties) and a clear explanation of exactly what the "smoke monster" is and where it came from.

Numerous viewers, including my buddy, said that the series finale fell short of my criteria, and I haven't looked back since.

If you're not bothered by the same things, though, more power to you! It's an otherwise great show!

www.spiritblade.com
    Hackmodford
    Hackmodford
    Tech Admin
    Alliance Director

Post  Hackmodford October 13th 2011, 3:10 pm

Well... I just finished episode 8 of season 3 and IMHO it just got better!
    I've never been this hooked on a series before...

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter October 13th 2011, 3:16 pm

Hackmodford wrote:Well... I just finished episode 8 of season 3 and IMHO it just got better!
    I've never been this hooked on a series before...

Woohoo! I LOVE finding a show like that! Enjoy!

www.spiritblade.com
    Hackmodford
    Hackmodford
    Tech Admin
    Alliance Director

Post  Hackmodford November 14th 2011, 2:23 pm

Paeter wrote:My conditions for doing so included a series finale that answered most of the questions about the series (such as exactly what the Island is and how it has all of it's "supernatural" properties) and a clear explanation of exactly what the "smoke monster" is and where it came from.

Numerous viewers, including my buddy, said that the series finale fell short of my criteria, and I haven't looked back since.

I just finished the series and and still think it is the best tv series I have ever watched...

Regarding your criteria

1)They explain what the island is and how it has its "supernatural" properties... I'd say they just don't explain the origin of the island. But it is rather wishy washy in a pseudo spiritual way... It's not as straightforward as "God said it and it was so"

2)In season 6 it is very clear what the smoke monster is and it is perfectly clear where it came from.

I'd say there are very few loose ends in the series... Season 3 is a nightmare because of the "more questions than answers" then it picks up as usual in Season 4 but once Season 5 hits... I felt like I understood what was really going on. And then Season 6 is just pure joy...

Season 5 was my favorite out of all of them...

So I definatley recommend you give it a shot again Paeter, just make it over that speed bump Wink

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter November 14th 2011, 5:11 pm

[quote="Hackmodford"]
    Paeter wrote:

So I definatley recommend you give it a shot again Paeter, just make it over that speed bump Wink

Thanks for the info! I've got a buddy who owns all the seasons and was willing to loan them to me, so maybe I'll take him up on that some time.

www.spiritblade.com
    Hackmodford
    Hackmodford
    Tech Admin
    Alliance Director

Post  Hackmodford November 14th 2011, 5:14 pm

That's how to do it. I can't imagine waiting for an episode...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 15th 2024, 9:46 pm