Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Karma,does it exist?

jacobkbuxton

Activity : 3
    Geek-Cred : 0

Karma,does it exist? Empty Karma,does it exist?

Post  jacobkbuxton February 10th 2012, 3:30 pm

What are your views on KARMA??
    Nathan James Norman
    Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

Activity : 805
    Geek-Cred : 47

Karma,does it exist? Empty Re: Karma,does it exist?

Post  Nathan James Norman February 10th 2012, 8:20 pm

How are you defining Karma?
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub February 11th 2012, 9:55 am

I'd add the "requisit" answer here, but it's highly inappropriate for a Christian based forum.

However, if by karma you mean "getting what's coming to you", then my thougths are this; What we deserve is eternal seperation from God for our sins. But becuase of the gift of salvation, we get forgiveness and redemption (something we obviously don't deserve).

So, does karma exist? Not in my thought process.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter March 5th 2012, 12:41 pm

Drew.Rub wrote:if by karma you mean "getting what's coming to you", then my thougths are this; What we deserve is eternal seperation from God for our sins. But becuase of the gift of salvation, we get forgiveness and redemption (something we obviously don't deserve).

So, does karma exist? Not in my thought process.

I'd agree with this. I'd also add that there are consequences to our choices, both natural and those brought about by God and experienced in this life. These don't represent the totality of "what we have coming to us" or take the place of true justice, but they can be blessings or "wake up calls" in connection to our behavior. This concept stems from biblical teaching, however, and is far removed from the concepts of "karma".

As for the actual existence of Karma, I'd also have to get details on which version we're talking about. My belief in the existence of Karma would cue off of the reliability of the source suggesting its existence.

For example, if we're talking about Karma as it is suggested in Hindu philosophy, I'd say there is every reason not to believe in it, as Hindu philosophy itself denies the existence of absolute truth based on its own foundation and framework. So to claim ANYTHING to be true from a Hindu philosophical perspective is really not to claim much of anything at all.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content