Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

This could lead to some great discussions

cleireac
    cleireac

Activity : 388
    Geek-Cred : 7

This could lead to some great discussions Empty This could lead to some great discussions

Post  cleireac April 23rd 2012, 10:40 am

Tom Hiddleston, who played Loki in Thor and the upcoming Avengers wrote a great post on superhero movies:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/filmblog/2012/apr/19/avengers-assemble-tom-hiddleston-superhero
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

This could lead to some great discussions Empty Re: This could lead to some great discussions

Post  Paeter April 24th 2012, 9:13 pm

His quote regarding truth was interesting... and ITSELF elusive. I can only guess that what he means by "truth" is "specific content in drama that reflects something about the real world or real people".

Nothing wrong with that. But it would be nice if folks who use an alternative definition for truth would make it clear that's what they're doing.

Based on numerous Oprah interviews (and similar celebrity moments) I can't help but wonder if artsy folks, like geeks, are sometimes too ready to apply their interpretation of fictional reality to actual reality.

People can choose to interpret art however they want and it's tough to argue that they're "wrong". But in the real world, two truth claims that come face to face in genuine contradiction to each other cannot both be right.

www.spiritblade.com

Current date/time is May 7th 2024, 6:46 pm