Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+34
Russell Smith
AGoodReed
Willix
Treasure Hunter
HeavensDisciples
Carlos Phillips
Reed Benson
AdamCollings
landofzion
jazzact13
Morfinwen
fxruizx
Changer4
Introspect
Jeffrywith1e
mikel.withers
Nathan James Norman
rossmcclure4
Godfixated
bellamoto
tmorrill
disneydreamer20
Dreamerhorwitz
Rickster
45shiro45
DNArington
UKSteve
TheTJ
ComiKate
WhiteBoy
jorowi
hvymtlcowboy
Paeter
Drew.Rub
38 posters

Introductions

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Introductions - Page 2 Empty Re: Introductions

Post  Rickster August 12th 2013, 11:04 pm

DNArington wrote:
    If you mean the Robert Downy Jr./Jude Law movies, I would also have to agree! The first one might just be my favorite non-sci-fi movie ever!
    Ok this is going of topic but My dad told me that they're going to do a third one
    45shiro45
    45shiro45

Activity : 45
    Geek-Cred : 2

Post  45shiro45 August 13th 2013, 9:19 pm

Welcome to the forums, Maggie! =D
    bellamoto
    bellamoto

Activity : 15
    Geek-Cred : 3

Post  bellamoto October 24th 2013, 1:55 pm

Hi! This is Dawn.  I discovered the Spirit Blade Underground podcast this summer, but didn’t really start listening until I heard Paeter’s interview with Strangers and Aliens (which I also discovered this summer).  I am really enjoying these podcasts.  I have also just started listening to Theology Gaming, so I guess Untold is next on my list!  (Yes, I am one of those list people).  I’ve also been lurking on here for a bit now (yes, I am a lurker too), and figured it was about time I said Hi!

If I share everything geek that I am interested in, then this post is going to be way too long!

It all began with Narnia, Star Wars, and a very active imagination.
    Currently, I am into Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD (and Welcome to Level 7), Walking Dead, Once & Wonderland; games: Don’t Starve, XCom EU, Civ V, GW2, Sims3, Minecraft and 7 Days to Die; board/LCG: Gloom, Elder Signs; comics: Batgirl, Life with Archie, Afterlife with Archie.
    Some of my favs: Doctor Who, Batgirl, Tolkien, Farscape, STNG, Firefly, Dr Horrible, The Guild, Wallace & Gromit, Bioshock Infinite, Skyrim, 007, Tim Burton and Disney/Pixar films.

That was still long.  And I’m sure I missed a lot!  Yes, yes, I did.
    Dreamerhorwitz
    Dreamerhorwitz

Activity : 77
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  Dreamerhorwitz October 24th 2013, 4:22 pm

Welcome to CGC, Dawn! Smile
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Post  WhiteBoy October 24th 2013, 5:54 pm

Great to have you here, Dawn. That was a very concise list! I really like Elder Signs, too. I would probably buy it if one of my gaming group buddies didn't already own it. We try to spread the "budget burden" so no one person is having to buy all the games.

Good to see a fellow Dr. Horrible fan, too. Smile

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

Post  ComiKate October 25th 2013, 4:10 pm

Hi Dawn, welcome here! Great to have another geeky girl with us alien
    I love a number of things on your list-that-wasn't-supposed-to-be-a-list, and it's awesome that you know and like The Guild too!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter October 28th 2013, 4:24 pm

Welcome, welcome, Dawn! I dig a bunch of stuff on your list. But Tim Burton jumped out because not many here have mentioned an interest in him. Do any of his films in particular jump out? I love Sleepy Holly and his take on Batman, but in recent years have come to love his "fairy tales" more and more. Movies like Edward Scissorhands and Big Fish(which makes me cry every time I watch it).

Any favorites come to mind?

www.spiritblade.com
    bellamoto
    bellamoto

Activity : 15
    Geek-Cred : 3

Post  bellamoto November 3rd 2013, 11:56 am

Paeter wrote:Welcome, welcome, Dawn! I dig a bunch of stuff on your list. But Tim Burton jumped out because not many here have mentioned an interest in him. Do any of his films in particular jump out? I love Sleepy Holly and his take on Batman, but in recent years have come to love his "fairy tales" more and more. Movies like Edward Scissorhands and Big Fish(which makes me cry every time I watch it).

Any favorites come to mind?
    Big Fish, Edward Scissorhands, and Sleepy Hollow were great, but some of my favorites of his are 9, Frankenweenie (2012) and one of my absolute favorites, The Nightmare Before Christmas.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter November 4th 2013, 3:05 pm

Nice! I'm an unfaithful fan. I just realized I never saw Frankenweenie! Well, with two boys I suppose its inevitable at some point.

www.spiritblade.com
    Godfixated
    Godfixated

Activity : 8
    Geek-Cred : 0

Post  Godfixated January 1st 2014, 2:20 am

Hello all you geeks. I am Godfixated and I am a huge nerd who also happens to love God and His Son Jesus Christ. I have been looking for an active online Christian geek community for a little bit and this seemed like a good place.
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster January 1st 2014, 4:03 am

Welcome and just to let you know there a someone who is really going to like your profile pic
    Godfixated
    Godfixated

Post  Godfixated January 1st 2014, 1:59 pm

That's great, I always love meeting other Green Lantern fans.
    Dreamerhorwitz
    Dreamerhorwitz

Activity : 77
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  Dreamerhorwitz January 1st 2014, 8:41 pm

Well, welcome to the forums!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter January 2nd 2014, 12:29 am

Rickster wrote:Welcome and just to let you know there a someone who is really going to like your profile pic

Woohoo! That someone would be me, I think!! I'm a HUGE GL nut. Welcome to the forums!

So obviously you've got some comic geek in you. Any other characters you follow? What other nerdy stuff do you like?

www.spiritblade.com
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub January 2nd 2014, 5:43 pm

Welcome to the forum, Godfixated and Dawn!

May the Force be ever in your favor....or something like that. (Did I really just mangle a SW reference like that?)
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Post  WhiteBoy January 5th 2014, 12:45 am

Drew.Rub wrote:May the Force be ever in your favor....or something like that.  (Did I really just mangle a SW reference like that?)

Yes. Yes, I'm afraid you did. /shakes head

Welcome Dawn and Godfixated. I'm a Tim Burton fan as well, and 9 is one of my favorites!

Post  ComiKate January 8th 2014, 8:30 am

Godfixated wrote:That's great, I always love meeting other Green Lantern fans.

And here's another one! Huge, huge GL fan. I even wear my GL ring to work... (provided I'm wearing something green, because hey, one has to stay color-coordinated).
    I just bought my very first Absolute Edition, and it's: Green Lantern Rebirth! So cool.

Oh, and WELCOME! alien 
    Godfixated
    Godfixated

Post  Godfixated January 10th 2014, 1:55 am

Paeter wrote:
    Rickster wrote:Welcome and just to let you know there a someone who is really going to like your profile pic

Woohoo! That someone would be me, I think!! I'm a HUGE GL nut. Welcome to the forums!

So obviously you've got some comic geek in you. Any other characters you follow? What other nerdy stuff do you like?

Awesome, who is your favorite Green Lantern? Right now, I am following Batman Beyond, and Green Arrow. I have never been a big Green Arrow fan before, but the show "Arrow" is so good that I had to get into the comics to get my fill of Oliver Queen. I am also a gamer and I like science fiction in any form.
    Godfixated
    Godfixated

Post  Godfixated January 10th 2014, 1:57 am

ComiKate wrote:
    Godfixated wrote:That's great, I always love meeting other Green Lantern fans.

And here's another one! Huge, huge GL fan. I even wear my GL ring to work... (provided I'm wearing something green, because hey, one has to stay color-coordinated).
    I just bought my very first Absolute Edition, and it's: Green Lantern Rebirth! So cool.

Oh, and WELCOME! alien 

Awesome! "Green Lantern: Rebirth" was what got me into the character. Geoff Johns' run on the series was one of the greatest comic book runs in the history of the medium. BTW, I like your blog.
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Post  ComiKate January 10th 2014, 7:35 am

Godfixated wrote:Awesome! "Green Lantern: Rebirth" was what got me into the character. Geoff Johns' run on the series was one of the greatest comic book runs in the history of the medium. BTW, I like your blog.

Agree, Johns' run was awesome! Blackest Night was what really got me into the character and the series (after the Green Lantern movie, which started the whole thing for me), and worked my way backwards and forwards from that.
    Although I have to say, I wasn't feeling it with Wrath of the First Lantern. A bit phoned in, imho. But hey, cutting him huge amounts of slack for his entire body of GL work. Plus, his final issue was great!

And thanks, great that you like my blog! Very Happy
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter January 14th 2014, 6:00 pm

Godfixated wrote:
    Awesome, who is your favorite Green Lantern?

I am also a gamer and I like science fiction in any form.

I'm more a fan of the concept than any one GL. Kyle(especially his constructs) grew on me during his run (he was all we had at the time) even though Hal is the definitive GL for me. Stewart had great potential after the Mosaic series, but DC decided to pretend that stuff never happened. (He's half guardian. Not mentioned once since the last issue of GL: Mosaic.) Guy has become much more likeable out of Keith Giffen's hands. Kind of like Norman Reedus's character on he Walking Dead. (No spoilers, please! I'm still in the middle of season 3!) And I REEEEALLY miss the Pre-52 Alan Scott. A GL different from all the rest, with more years, wisdom and experience than all the other GLs. Of course now that version has been replaced by a young rookie Alan Scott created to check off a box on DC's "target demographic" list.

If you don't mind dipping into the archives, I think Emerald Dawn is still a fantastic introduction to the GL universe. (And more timeless than John's retelling of the origin.) But I'd echo your thoughts on Johns' GL run. Historic in the industry. Even if the last story arc gave strong evidence that he'd already told his best stories. Good for him for getting out when he did and leaving us with a near spotless GL record to enjoy and recommend!

So what kind of gamer are you? Tabletop? Video? Role-playing?

www.spiritblade.com
    UKSteve
    UKSteve

Activity : 354
    Geek-Cred : 10

Post  UKSteve February 1st 2014, 11:39 am

Hey, just stopping by here to say 'Hi!' to the new folks, and 'I'm still alive!' to the not so new folks, as I've not been forumming for a little while now.

But it seems I just started again.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter February 3rd 2014, 1:05 pm

Glad you're forumming again!

www.spiritblade.com
    rossmcclure4

Activity : 78
    Geek-Cred : 1

Introductions - Page 2 Empty I'm new, I don't know what to do!

Post  rossmcclure4 February 18th 2014, 1:29 pm

Hi my name is Ross and I've been listening to Spirit Blade and Strangers and Aliens for about a year now but am new to CGC. I look forward to connecting with all the great people here in CGC and talking about nerdy stuff.

I love Warhammer 40k Black library lit and WH40k THQ video games and WH40k art, I don't play the table top game though.

I used to be such a SW nerd that I could tell you if a Starship was manufactured on Corellia and by what corporation etc., but I never got into the EU books much. Not as crazy as I used to be but I still find that I have to do a full "tril" on May 4th every year if I can.

My wallet is a schematic of the Enterprise. I'm a video game addict, but no sports, racing or twitchy FPS thank you, just sci-fi RTS and fantasy RPGs, etc.

I love all kinds of other geek stuff, and although I am a novice in things like board games and comic books I'm very interested in them. My wife is a bigger geek than me, and through her love and support found myself really unleashing the geek over the years. We both love BBC stuff like Sherlock, sci-fi TV shows both old and new and things like Divergent and Hunger Games.

Look forward to talking to you all!
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Post  ComiKate February 19th 2014, 10:14 am

Hi Ross, and welcome! Great that you found us here!

I don't know most of the stuff you geek out on, since I'm not a gamer. Do love my SW en ST though, so I can meet you at least halfway there. I had a hamster called Obi-Wan once, and my favorite fairground attraction has been Star Tours in Disneyland, California. So there. Although, in fairness, the last time I was at Disneyland was 1989... Wink 

It must be so awesome to be married to a fellow geek! I'm sure you're counting your blessings there Cool 

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content