Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+4
BenAvery
Drew.Rub
Paeter
Dunadwarf
8 posters

~Farscape~

tmorrill
    tmorrill

Activity : 405
    Geek-Cred : 20

~Farscape~ - Page 2 Empty Re: ~Farscape~

Post  tmorrill July 13th 2013, 1:14 pm

I love this show and most of the plots, but my favorite episode has very little to do with any of that stuff.

The best episode of the show is Revenging Angel, I think that's partly because no matter what I've always had (and will have) a soft spot for the old cartoons that this episode's animated parts takes its style from.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter July 15th 2013, 6:55 pm

ComiKate wrote:

I like the whole atmosphere and the character development. Characters that annoy me are definitely Jool and Stark, but the one who got on my nerves the most was Zhaan! But then, people that talk and act like her IRL annoy me too Rolling Eyes Although she grew on me a bit when she turned fiercer.
    I'm actually starting to like Chiana, in that she's sort of like a little sister/young friend to John.

This is a quote from my diary.

I don't struggle through the first season, but the show really comes into its own at some point in season 2 and begins heading there in the last few eps from season 1. I could almost say "watch the pilot then skip to Scorpious", but then you miss the fantastic evolution of the relationships of these characters.

www.spiritblade.com
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

Post  ComiKate August 2nd 2013, 9:25 am

Paeter wrote:This is a quote from my diary.
    And not for the first time if memory serves me correctly Wink But then, I've had your diary in my possession for a while now and really like to quote from it sometimes.

Paeter wrote:I don't struggle through the first season, but the show really comes into its own at some point in season 2 and begins heading there in the last few eps from season 1. I could almost say "watch the pilot then skip to Scorpious", but then you miss the fantastic evolution of the relationships of these characters.

I agree that season 2 is much better than the first. Being about halfway season 4 now, I'd say that season 3 is really AWEsome and the climax of the whole series thus far.
    Season 4, well... I'd call it the "weird season" thus far. Not digging it as much as 3. Hating the old lady, she's SO annoying, arrgh. And the whole Crichton/Aeryn thing has turned out to be so... I don't know, tiresome this season, whereas it was so gorgeously, heartwrenchingly glorious in season 3. Pfff. Bummer.

But I'm only halfway there, so maybe it'll get somewhat better. And I do like Scorpius a lot in this season as well. He's really a great villain and so well-written.

So still no spoilers please! Wink 
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter August 5th 2013, 5:38 pm

I'd agree that Season 3 is probably the best. But 4 (despite annoying old women) is carried by the investment viewers have made in these characters by staying with it from the beginning. I'd also highly recommend having "Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars" ready to fire up as soon as you finish the season finale. You'll want to watch it right away. And for me, Peacekeeper Wars (which I kinda lump in with Season 4) is like a great three-parter from Season 3. So hopefully when all is said and done you'll feel as though Season 4 has some merits. Enjoy!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 8th 2024, 5:01 pm