Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

5 posters

Do you want to see a Nick Fury movie?

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Do you want to see a Nick Fury movie? Empty Do you want to see a Nick Fury movie?

Post  Rickster December 18th 2012, 6:28 pm

I saw this article http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=98160 and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I like the character and thinks Sam Jackson is great at playing him but I think learning his back story might take away something from the character.
    What are your thoughts?
    On a side note I expected them to revil that black guy on Capt's team in the First Avenger to be Nick Fury's dad?
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Do you want to see a Nick Fury movie? Empty Re: Do you want to see a Nick Fury movie?

Post  Paeter December 18th 2012, 8:26 pm

Old news. They already made the Nick Fury movie. It was pretty much the best film experience I've ever had.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Fury:_Agent_of_S.H.I.E.L.D._%28film%29

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Do you want to see a Nick Fury movie? Empty Re: Do you want to see a Nick Fury movie?

Post  Rickster December 19th 2012, 1:18 pm

Paeter wrote:Old news. They already made the Nick Fury movie. It was pretty much the best film experience I've ever had.

I have heard of (but not seen) that Nick Fury movie and read that David Hasselhoff thinks he's a better Fury the Sam Jackson.
    but even if it was the "Best film experience" (is that sarcasm I'm detecting?) that movie isn't part of the MMU so I don't think it will count.
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Post  WhiteBoy December 19th 2012, 6:27 pm

The Hoff!

Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter December 19th 2012, 7:58 pm

Rickster wrote: "Best film experience" (is that sarcasm I'm detecting?)

Yep! I try to avoid using the old ":sarcasm:" indicators on forums. It takes the fun out of it even if it does provide clarity.

Actually, I don't remember it being the worst thing I've ever seen. It just wasn't good.

www.spiritblade.com
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington December 19th 2012, 9:56 pm

Personally, instead of a Nick Fury movie I want a S.H.I.E.L.D. movie where Fury may be the main character but there are also other agents in important roles, (like Agent Hill, Hawkeye, and Black Widow.) That way you are filling in some characters who didn't get solo movies and could use some more development and maybe you could introduce a (some) new one(s)!

Paeter wrote:Old news. They already made the Nick Fury movie. It was pretty much the best film experience I've ever had.

Funny you mention that, I wasn't even aware of it's existence until earlier today! I am remotely interested just because I like the character, but it dosn't look very good... Neutral
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub December 23rd 2012, 10:20 am

The Hoff's acting in that movie scarred me for life. Probably the worst movie I have ever seen (with the exception of one incarnation of Fantastic Four that was out a long time ago).
    DNArington
    DNArington

Post  DNArington December 25th 2012, 1:11 am

Drew.Rub wrote:
    The Hoff's acting in that movie scarred me for life. Probably the worst movie I have ever seen (with the exception of one incarnation of Fantastic Four that was out a long time ago).
    I seen the trailer for that that FF movie and yeah it dosn't look so great. Suspect I've seen a really old Spiderman movie and it was pretty terrible. There was no supervillian, just some mob boss (that wasn't from the comics that I know of) who wanted to mind control people to kill themselves (I can't remember why.) The action was hilariously bad and Peter's girlfriend was not Gwen or MJ or anyone I recognized from the comics. confused
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster January 9th 2013, 8:01 pm

DNArington wrote:Personally, instead of a Nick Fury movie I want a S.H.I.E.L.D. movie where Fury may be the main character but there are also other agents in important roles, (like Agent Hill, Hawkeye, and Black Widow.) That way you are filling in some characters who didn't get solo movies and could use some more development and maybe you could introduce a (some) new one(s)!

There is a S.H.I.E.L.D TV show in the works
    DNArington
    DNArington

Post  DNArington January 9th 2013, 10:20 pm

Rickster wrote:
    There is a S.H.I.E.L.D TV show in the works

That I am excited for.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 19th 2024, 8:49 pm