Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Question for technical geeks out there

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Question for technical geeks out there  Empty Question for technical geeks out there

Post  Rickster February 11th 2013, 4:10 am

I have a nook and there are some books like the chronicles of the nephilm that are kindle exclusive is there a way to put kindle books on my nook or should I just use the kindle iPad app to read them?
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Question for technical geeks out there  Empty Re: Question for technical geeks out there

Post  WhiteBoy February 11th 2013, 1:10 pm

Yes, the Nook is just an Android tablet that's been customized, so it should have a Kindle app in the store. My wife reads both Nook and Kindle books on her Nook.

Edit: I remembered that I have installed the CyanogenMod to turn it into a more pure Android tablet, but I think there's probably a Kindle app in the default Nook app store as well.

Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Question for technical geeks out there  Empty Re: Question for technical geeks out there

Post  mindspike February 13th 2013, 1:05 am

What kind of Nook? If you have a color tablet, you're good to go. If you have one of the e-ink devices, it will have to be rooted and have additional software installed to turn it into a true tablet.

Software like Calibre will let you buy the Kindle version and convert to epub for use with your e-ink Nook or Kobo. What's your situation and interest level in modding your hardware?

Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster February 13th 2013, 6:40 am

mindspike wrote:What kind of Nook? If you have a color tablet, you're good to go. If you have one of the e-ink devices, it will have to be rooted and have additional software installed to turn it into a true tablet.

Software like Calibre will let you buy the Kindle version and convert to epub for use with your e-ink Nook or Kobo. What's your situation and interest level in modding your hardware?

I have the Nook HD+
    I'm nervous about modding the hardware because I'd be to scared I'd mess up and ruin everything.
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Post  mindspike February 13th 2013, 4:01 pm

The Nook HD+ is a true Android tablet. Browse the app store for the Kindle app, the Amazon app store app, or side load it from another source. No modification needed.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 14th 2024, 7:03 am