Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Would you follow Jesus

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Would you follow Jesus Empty Would you follow Jesus

Post  Rickster February 28th 2013, 5:35 pm

The other day I was talking to my Aunt about witting my friend in jail and she said I should do that because I don't want to be assoiseted with people like that and i should just leave it to the pastors and prison minster and pretty much forget and act like I don't know him.
    And it got me thinking if she was around in Jesus time would she follow him and then I thought would I have followed him? and the answer is I don't know but would hope so but he said some pretty revelutionary things that I accept because I grew up learning about them but if I didn't grow up with His teachings how ould I react to hearing about Loving my enemies.
    So I ask you guys If you were alive in Isreal during Jesus time would you have followed Him? Now don't just answer yes becuase that is the write answer Really think about what He said and who He hung out with.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Would you follow Jesus Empty Re: Would you follow Jesus

Post  Paeter February 28th 2013, 10:01 pm

A really compelling question. I don't think I would have been an early adopter, for sure. I'd have waited to see some miracles, or sat down and have a long series of conversations with Jesus about him and the scriptures. I'd love to say I would have followed him after doing that, but I don't know.

Reminds me a bit of the idea of being a believer during the end-times. (Assuming you take a "pre-wrath" or some position other than the pre-trib rapture position.) I would hate to live under any of the persecution of Christians the Bible foretells, but that very same persecution would be an undeniable, "in your face" fulfillment of prophecy that I can only imagine would bolster my faith and carry me through the suffering, knowing that in just a few short years we would witness the return of Jesus! Woohoo! Can you IMAGINE that. Wow.

I guess none of that is a clear answer to your question, but just some processing of my thoughts in writing. Interesting topic, Rickster!

www.spiritblade.com
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington March 2nd 2013, 3:59 am

Honestly the answer I come to is probably not. If some one claiming to be God is at your door and yet he looks like your avereage Joe on the street, I would probably dismiss him as a just another nut. At least initially that is what I think. It is easyer now, since I can look back at His whole life/death/resurrection and see how it works. If I was there and seen Him do a miracle it would make me ponder both ways. I wish I could just say I would up and go with Him like Peter, but I don't know.
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington March 11th 2013, 9:08 pm

"Doubting" Thomas didn't believe Jesus had risen from the dead when he had known Jesus for years and Jesus even told them about it earlier. It wasn't until he actually saw Jesus again that he believed.
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

Post  ComiKate April 8th 2013, 4:49 am

Wow, that is a difficult question to ponder. Confronting. Props to you for that Rickster!

I'm not so sure I would have followed Him. Not physically anyway. Unless, maybe, I had an experience like Mary Magdalene or other women who were touched by His grace, forgiveness and love so profoundly that they just left everything behind.

I might have been (best case scenario?) a bit like Martha - assuming I would know Him personally that is. I would care for Him, but still probably focus on earthly matters far too much, like Martha.
    Worst case scenario (more probable?) is that I would have just shaken my head at another "false prophet" and kept on living my life as if He weren't there. Sad

I never thought about it like this before, but this shows me there's a reason God created me to be born in this day and age and not 2000 years ago! For today I do believe in Jesus!
    I guess there's a place and time for everyone, so that each has the best chance of finding Him.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 27th 2024, 4:15 pm