Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

5 posters

whats in a name ??

whats in a name ?? Empty whats in a name ??

Post  Guest July 17th 2010, 5:14 pm

alright I have seen some unique SN's in my day (mine included)... Sooo I thought it would be fun to start a thread where the members explained how thier chosen moniker came into being
    For instance:
    As I have indicated I am a big sci fi fan.. Star Wars files and the Matrix trilogy being at the top of my favorities list. Sooo I wanted something to be unique... Qui Gonn Jinn has to be my favorite character ... alot due to the fact i think Liam Neeson is an excellent actor... But I couldnt just COPY his name.. It had to be new and unique to me... so I thought how bout quigonnjay after my first name (jayson).. but then after looking at it on paper it didnt look exotic enough for me so I changed the jay to jae and TADA .. there you have it the birth of quigonnjae
    Tim
    Tim

Activity : 258
    Geek-Cred : 4

whats in a name ?? Empty Re: whats in a name ??

Post  Tim July 18th 2010, 8:04 am

You see...

I had a huge problem when trying to pick my name on this forum. I wanted to have a name that people would know who I am. So In the end, I just went with my first name.

But so as not to be a stick in the mud, I'll talk about my other SN's. My email is AeronA01 [at] gmail which is also the same as my XBL Gamertag [Aeron A01]. Some people mistakingly think my name is Aeron or Aaron, but no I picked it because I am Irish [and proud of it!] as seen with my last name [O'Donnell, no relation to Rosie...unless she was handing out money... Very Happy] and Aeron is the Welsh god of War.

Other Forums, my screen name is "Back-up", which is my Character from Tech Support who I also play on the audio dramas. Sometimes it "Prophet", after a Superhero I created if I ever managed to make it on "Who Wants to be a Superhero". I'd tell you more about him, but this post is already too long and I have probably bored half of you.

><>

><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

PS 144:1
    1COR 4:20

><>
    Hackmodford
    Hackmodford
    Tech Admin
    Alliance Director

Activity : 797
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  Hackmodford July 18th 2010, 8:11 pm

Hackmodford... well I was part of the benheck forums and didn't like thegamer3000green anymore so I thought... Hack (for hacking) mod (for modding) ford for... I don't really know but later I think I subconsciencely associated it with Ford Prefect. But I could be mistaken there...

So there you have it Hackmodford and that's what I've been on the internet ever since...

whats in a name ?? UntoldAlliancesJPG1_Resized

Goozex: Trade Videogames and save money!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter July 19th 2010, 4:00 pm

Well, yeah, it's just my first name. But I'm often asked where THAT came from, so this seemed like as good an opportunity as any.

The answer is... I don't know.

My parents told me once they knew a guy in college. Another time they said they made it up. Another time I heard it's some old Scandinavian name they liked. I suppose it could be both 1 and 3, but not 2 and any of the others. Unless 2 is just the spelling, technically.

So I'm about as lost as you are. Very Happy

www.spiritblade.com
    Hackmodford
    Hackmodford
    Tech Admin
    Alliance Director

Activity : 797
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  Hackmodford July 19th 2010, 4:01 pm

I've always liked it...

whats in a name ?? UntoldAlliancesJPG1_Resized

Goozex: Trade Videogames and save money!
    hvymtlcowboy
    hvymtlcowboy
    Alliance Member

Activity : 125
    Geek-Cred : 0

Post  hvymtlcowboy July 19th 2010, 6:31 pm

2 Paeter: I thought it was german for Peter.

As for mine; Heavy Metal Cowboy is the name of the book series I am currently writing. It started out as a comic book idea and sort of evolved in my head into a book. The first book has already been published by Fifth Estate Publishing. Heavy Metal Cowboy was a cross between futuristic cyborg technology,the ideals of the wild west and the honor of knighthood all rolled into one character. Basically I took the spirit of a scout and put it in the body of a combat cyborg, only I didn't tell him I had. He didn't know he was a cyborg. Anyway, the character evolved so much in my head that I began using the name online. It was also my name in the Mechwarrior arenas, although I became DKLCowboy when I joined a unit in the online leagues. That pretty much explains the evolution of my screen name. Laughing
    ProfessorAlan
    ProfessorAlan

Activity : 115
    Geek-Cred : 3

Post  ProfessorAlan July 19th 2010, 8:56 pm

I am a professor.
    My name is Alan.

creative, huh?
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter July 20th 2010, 12:31 pm

hvymtlcowboy wrote:2 Paeter: I thought it was german for Peter.

No, Peter is German for Peter. They just pronounce it the same as mine. My spelling is Scandinavian... I think.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 8th 2024, 9:22 pm