Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+5
Drew.Rub
Paeter
CreatorsPixels
WhiteBoy
Rickster
9 posters

What video games are you currently playing?

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

What video games are you currently playing? Empty What video games are you currently playing?

Post  Rickster April 14th 2013, 5:21 pm

Last week I beat Batman: Arkham Asylum and this week I'm going to start Uncharted
    Besides that I'm trying to get all the achievements on the Kinect Disneyland Adventure and I'm also trying to beat Final Fantasy VII before Kingdom Hearts 1.5 comes out this Fall.

What are you guys playing?
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

What video games are you currently playing? Empty Re: What video games are you currently playing?

Post  WhiteBoy April 15th 2013, 12:05 am

I'm still playing The Old Republic and the first expansion came out just last week for pre-orders (today for normal folk). I've also been playing The Cave a bit...fun little game. Also I've gone back to The Walking Dead some wanting to finish that up.

Activity : 236
    Geek-Cred : 8

What video games are you currently playing? Empty Re: What video games are you currently playing?

Post  CreatorsPixels April 15th 2013, 1:26 pm

Don't laugh, but I'm still playing "The Legend of Zelda - Skyward sword". I beat it once but am going through again in 'hero' mode. Pretty good game really, love the franchise! Last game I bought was "Luigi's Mansion - Dark moon", though my son hasn't put it down long enough for me to play it yet!!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter April 15th 2013, 4:26 pm

I'm currently playing:

1.Dragon Quest V for the Nintendo DS

2. A "mystery game" that I've been playing for months and will feature on The Summer Of Free about a month from now. (BEST...FREE GAME...EVER!!)

3. I just got Neverwinter Nights 2 for my birthday. Sequel to one of the most amazing, limitless and lengthy RPG experiences of all time. (Yeah, there is more gameplay potential than even an Elder Scrolls game.) A pretty old game, but I don't keep my PC up to specs for current games. PLUS, all these years and patches later, I'm not running into any of the numerous bugs it had for the first few years after its launch!

www.spiritblade.com
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub April 16th 2013, 1:57 pm

I'm almost finished with ME3 (although I know how it ends). I'll be focusing on the Star Trek Online free to play universe for a podcast review, if Paeter is still wanting that, once I'm done. Hope to have ME3 finished this weekend.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter April 16th 2013, 5:35 pm

Drew.Rub wrote:I'm almost finished with ME3 (although I know how it ends). I'll be focusing on the Star Trek Online free to play universe for a podcast review, if Paeter is still wanting that, once I'm done. Hope to have ME3 finished this weekend.

Yes! I'd LOVE to use it on the show!

www.spiritblade.com
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington April 16th 2013, 11:27 pm

Almost done with Infamous, and about half way through Lost Planet 2. Infamous is a lot of fun and has a pretty good story to boot. Lost Planet 2's story is almost non-existent, but shooting down giant monsters is a blast, especially since it is a multi-player game, so I can play with my brother. I have a few games that I haven't started yet, like Jurassic: The Hunted and X-Men: Origins Wolverine: Uncaged Edition (one of the few praised superhero movie to video game adaptations(though I liked Captain America: Super Solider and Spiderman 3).) Those are all for the PS3 by the way.
    DNArington
    DNArington

Post  DNArington April 16th 2013, 11:53 pm

Batman: Arkham Asylum is awesome! I played the demo to The Cave and found it a very interesting game. I also bought the first Uncharted, but haven't played it yet.
    Tim
    Tim

Activity : 258
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  Tim April 17th 2013, 5:52 am

As soon as I get home from work this morning I'll be popping in my new copy of Injustice: gods among us. I've been playing the demo off and on for the last week, but it was only vs mode and three characters available to play. Looking forward to getting into the story mode. Also, been playing the new SimCity whenever I have time. Anyone else playing that? bc I'd love to work on a region with someone. Other than those, taking my time going thru Mark of the Ninja on xbla. I bought it a long time ago and never got too far into it. I just downloaded the Majestic and Castle map packs on Halo 4. Looking to maybe get back into that sometime in the future. Unfortunately, my time is so full with other things that I rarely have time for video games anymore...oh well, I guess when you contrast pursuing achievements (the Xbox kind) and pursuing marriage, somethings just become less of a priority.

><>

><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

PS 144:1
    1COR 4:20

><>
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub April 17th 2013, 10:05 pm

Paeter wrote:
    Drew.Rub wrote:I'm almost finished with ME3 (although I know how it ends). I'll be focusing on the Star Trek Online free to play universe for a podcast review, if Paeter is still wanting that, once I'm done. Hope to have ME3 finished this weekend.

Yes! I'd LOVE to use it on the show!

You'll have a review, promise.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter April 18th 2013, 5:42 pm

Update. Neverwinter Nights 2 = Paeter's Personalized Crack

www.spiritblade.com
    Tim
    Tim

Post  Tim April 18th 2013, 6:41 pm

So, I just finished the story mode on Injustice this afternoon. Is anyone planning on reviewing this yet? If not, I'd be happy to write something up later tonight or tomorrow morning. I would offer to record it but I'm a little under the weather right now and would sound HORRIBLE, lol.

><>

><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

><>
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter April 22nd 2013, 2:13 pm

Would LOVE to use your review! Though I'm happy to wait until you're feeling better, as I think hearing a different voice on the show is a nice change of pace.

www.spiritblade.com
    Tim
    Tim

Post  Tim April 22nd 2013, 2:51 pm

Yeah, well it looks like things didn't exactly go as planned. I've had half of it written for the last few days, but I got progressively worse and worse until I was practically on deaths door last night...and that was AFTER I went to the doctors, lol. But I guess you have to get worse before you get better. I'll finish it up and see about recording it once I can breath properly.

><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

><>
    Dunadwarf
    Dunadwarf

Activity : 218
    Geek-Cred : 5

Post  Dunadwarf April 22nd 2013, 6:06 pm

Hope you feel better soon, Tim!
    My girlfriend and I have been doing a lot of music lately (we're on the cutting edge, you see). We go back and forth between Rock Band and Just Dance. I just go "The Michael Jackson" experience, which is basically MJ Just Dance. I aced "Thriller" on my second try! Cool
    I also dabble in some retro games. I've been buying some older games via digital download like the first 3 Zeldas (all great), Super Metroid (superb) and Actraiser (pretty flawed, but some decent ideas...along with some tweaked out theology at the end).
    DNArington
    DNArington

Post  DNArington April 22nd 2013, 11:43 pm

Tim wrote:Yeah, well it looks like things didn't exactly go as planned. I've had half of it written for the last few days, but I got progressively worse and worse until I was practically on deaths door last night...and that was AFTER I went to the doctors, lol. But I guess you have to get worse before you get better. I'll finish it up and see about recording it once I can breath properly.

I hope you get well soon and I can't wait for your review! That is a game I'm very excited for!(But I always wait for a game to get cheaper before purchasing.)
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter April 23rd 2013, 6:53 pm

Dunadwarf wrote:and Actraiser (pretty flawed, but some decent ideas...along with some tweaked out theology at the end).

Ooh! ooh! Retro review? (Y'know, on top of the 12 other segments you're doing for the show.)

Speaking of flaws, I ran into some of those famous "Obsidian Studios" bugs in Neverwinter Nights 2 over the weekend. I was about 4 hours into the game and a bug forced me to start over. I even went so far as to try and "hack" my game save. (Got some pretty good results fiddling around, which surprised me!) But in the end I couldn't fix my save and had to restart. I think I know what caused the bug though and I've since caught up to where I left off. This game is still crack to me.

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster April 25th 2013, 1:11 am

I got the Wii U for my Birthday and along with it the Avengers: Battle for Earth game and all I can say is if I knew it was a fighting game I would have got Batman Arkham City
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

Post  ComiKate April 28th 2013, 8:37 pm

I'm playing part 3 of the Awakening series, called The Goblin Kingdom.
    These are hidden object adventures btw.
    I did a review on parts 1&2 on the Spiritblade podcast a while back.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 1st 2024, 10:28 pm