Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

5 posters

Chronicle 2 news

DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Chronicle 2 news Empty Chronicle 2 news

Post  DNArington August 12th 2013, 10:15 pm

So apparently the writer of Chronicle wrote a script for the sequel and it was an "evolution" from the first movie, but when he pitched it to Fox they said, "No, we want Chronicle again." So now it looks like there will be a whole new creative team and none of the people that made the first film are going to be back for the second. (Josh Trank, the director, is working on the Fantastic Four reboot, so he might not have been back anyway.) If you want to see what Chronicle 2 (or Martyr as he wanted to call it) could have been like, check out this article: http://screenrant.com/chronicle-2-story-details-max-landis/comment-page-1/#comment-834008

My thoughts? I would have loved to see that! It is interesting that he seems more interested in making supervillain movies instead of superhero movies. Chronicle’s main character was a supervillain and he wanted the follow up to be a supervillain origin story. It’s a bummer this didn’t happen. I don’t really like the idea of an Avengers style team up though. It could be cool, but it could easily end up goofy as well.
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Chronicle 2 news Empty Re: Chronicle 2 news

Post  Rickster August 17th 2013, 3:04 am

I think I would have like to see his idea come to be You'd think Fox would have like to have a low budget MCU type series
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub August 18th 2013, 5:43 am

Chronicle? What is this you speak of? That's an honest question. I don't recall this movie.
    Tim
    Tim

Activity : 258
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  Tim August 18th 2013, 9:48 am

><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

PS 144:1
    1COR 4:20

><>
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Post  Drew.Rub August 18th 2013, 11:12 pm

Oh, I remember that one now. Bad take on a Superhero movie which I wasn't too impressed with.
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington August 20th 2013, 11:43 pm

Drew.Rub wrote: Bad take on a Superhero movie which I wasn't too impressed with.
    Honestly, I can see your point of view, and can't really argue against it, but I really liked it. It was a different take on superpowers. I say superpowers, not superheros, because it is basically a supervillain origin story. It wasn't a happy tale, but it was interesting for sure. The found footage approach got annoying sometimes though.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter August 21st 2013, 2:30 pm

DNArington wrote:[ It was a different take on superpowers. I say superpowers, not superheros, because it is basically a supervillain origin story. It  wasn't a happy tale, but it was interesting for sure. The found footage approach got annoying sometimes though.
    My take on this as well. Definitely not a "superhero" story. By contrast, though, I thought the creative ways they kept the entire thing in "found footage" mode while still doing creative cinematic stuff (the "orbiting cell phones" comes to mind) was fantastic. This is one of my favorite superhero/villain flicks of all time.

A sequel that retreads the same path would earn a rental from me for sure. But I'd love for them to do something different instead.

www.spiritblade.com
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Post  Drew.Rub August 22nd 2013, 7:19 am

DNArington wrote:Honestly, I can see your point of view, and can't really argue against it, but I really liked it. It was a different take on superpowers. I say superpowers, not superheros, because it is basically a supervillain origin story. It  wasn't a happy tale, but it was interesting for sure. The found footage approach got annoying sometimes though.
    You're right. I guess I wanted to watch it as a "hero" origin movie and didn't think to regard it as a "villain" origin movie. Perhaps thinking of it in that mindset I will re-watch it and get more enjoyment out of it.

If they are planning a sequel, a more standard cinematic filming style would endear me to seeing it instead of another found footage format.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 8:29 am