Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

iPad app

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

iPad app                     Empty iPad app

Post  Rickster September 7th 2013, 11:50 pm

In a few month I'm going to be starting to take a Online class using my iPad and I wanted to know if there was a good "word" type document app for the iPad I can use. I would prefer some in the Free to Cheap price range but I know good and cheap don't always go together.
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

iPad app                     Empty Re: iPad app

Post  ComiKate September 8th 2013, 8:29 am

Personally I don't use the free ones for "serious work" like word processing or text editing, since they're always lacking some features I need, or are really buggy, etc. Then again, I of course haven't tried all of the many hundreds (thousands?) of varieties so I'm sure there are some great free ones out there. I just haven't found them yet.

Meanwhile, I can recommend the ones I'm using:
    Documents to Go (standard version) - this is a complete Office suite
    Pages - this is Apple's "Word", which is high quality and very user friendly (as we're used to from Apple) and compatible with MS Word

Also there's some great note taking apps - assuming you want the "Word-like app" for taking notes during your class. Personally I'm using Evernote (which has a bit of learning curve but is absolutely outstanding), and also Note Anytime. A colleague of mine is using Notability and is a big fan.
    You could also try abc Notes, which has a great feature that you can stick all of your notes to your desktop, so you'll always have them handy. This one also has a lite version so you can try it for free.

Finally, you could try searching for "office" in the iTunes store and try out some of the free ones for yourself. Same goes for "notes".

Good luck!
    cleireac
    cleireac

Activity : 388
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  cleireac September 25th 2013, 9:29 pm

Kingsoft Office. It has the advantages of being both free and opens Office docs
    theden0minat0r

Activity : 3
    Geek-Cred : 0

Post  theden0minat0r October 4th 2013, 10:08 pm

My colleagues and I use iA Writer. It's cheap and it works quite well. It even re-configures the on-screen keyboard to add buttons that are not readily available in Pages. Syncs to iCloud and DropBox (but what doesn't these days?). Give it a whirl.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 8:51 am