Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+3
Paeter
Nathan James Norman
AdamCollings
7 posters

New member beams in from Tasmania

AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1759
    Geek-Cred : 11

New member beams in from Tasmania Empty New member beams in from Tasmania

Post  AdamCollings December 10th 2013, 4:49 am

G'day. I'm Adam Collings from Tasmania, Australia. I just found Christian Geek Central and had a listen to the Spirit Blade podcast. Great stuff.

I'm a software engineer by day but an unpublished (so far) writer of speculative fiction at heart. I'm working on a space opera novel with a Christian worldview.

I also do a show on youTube called Stories, in which I talk about books, movies and computer games - both secular and Christian.

I'm married to a wonderful wife and have two very special children.

Looking forward to being a part of this site.
    Nathan James Norman
    Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

Activity : 805
    Geek-Cred : 47

New member beams in from Tasmania Empty Re: New member beams in from Tasmania

Post  Nathan James Norman December 10th 2013, 7:26 am

Welcome to the community Adam!

Blessings on your publishing journey!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter December 10th 2013, 5:38 pm

Welcome welcome!

Australia rocks! (or at least it did the month I was there in 7th grade with the Phoenix Boys Choir)

The forum programming probably won't let you post links when you're so fresh to the site, but can you tell us what search terms to put in at Youtube in order to find your channel? I'd love to check it out!

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Post  AdamCollings December 10th 2013, 7:29 pm

Thanks guys.
    Yeah it's a pretty awesome country, and Tasmania is especially beautiful. We certainly take it for granted. Lots of green, kinda like New Zealand.

You can find my channel if you search youTube for Stories with Adam Collings
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter December 11th 2013, 5:32 pm

AdamCollings wrote:

You can find my channel if you search youTube for Stories with Adam Collings

Thanks! Cool intro bumper-thingy. Who made that for you?

www.spiritblade.com
    tmorrill
    tmorrill

Activity : 405
    Geek-Cred : 20

Post  tmorrill December 12th 2013, 3:37 pm

Welcome to the forums!
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Post  AdamCollings December 12th 2013, 4:07 pm

Thanks Tmorrill.

One of my work-mates mate the intro for me. One night after work we pulled the whiteboard off the wall at work, got it in a good position for lighting and shot it on his nice SLR camera. At first I tried doing the writing but his handwriting was more steady and neat than mine, so it ended up being his hand doing the writing. Simple but effective.
    bellamoto
    bellamoto

Activity : 15
    Geek-Cred : 3

Post  bellamoto December 12th 2013, 4:14 pm

Hi, Adam!  
    An author of one of my favorite book series is Australian!  I've always wanted to visit -- maybe one of these days!  Welcome!  :)
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

Post  ComiKate December 28th 2013, 3:05 pm

Hi Adam, welcome to this great forum!

Great Star Trek bookshelf tour btw, left you a comment! (I'm Winterqueen on Youtube)  Wink
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Post  AdamCollings December 31st 2013, 1:07 am

Hi ComiKate. Found your comment on youTube first, but recognised your avatar. Thanks for the welcome.

Hi Bellamoto. What is the author and series?

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster January 1st 2014, 4:04 am

Welcome Adam
    bellamoto
    bellamoto

Activity : 15
    Geek-Cred : 3

Post  bellamoto January 17th 2014, 8:27 am

AdamCollings wrote:Hi ComiKate. Found your comment on youTube first, but recognised your avatar. Thanks for the welcome.

Hi Bellamoto. What is the author and series?

It's the Tomorrow series, by John Marsden, a teen series; first book is "Tomorrow, When the War Began".  The premise is a bunch of teenagers go off on a camping trip to discover that while they have been away, their country has been invaded and their entire town has been captured, including their families and friends.  There is also a movie that has been out for a while now on the first book, but only recently has been released in the states.  The film was better than I thought it would be.  Interestingly enough, I started reading the series on the back of my husband's motorcycle on a moto-camping trip with a bunch of friends.  I was almost dreading coming home, wondering what horrific things I would discover upon our return!
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Post  AdamCollings January 19th 2014, 9:45 pm

Yes of course. Great series. I've only read the first book so far but plan to continue with it. I was very impressed with the movie and thought it was a bit of a coming-of-age moment for Aussie cinema. So glad to find a non-Aussie who likes the series.
    tmorrill
    tmorrill

Activity : 405
    Geek-Cred : 20

Post  tmorrill January 19th 2014, 11:05 pm

bellamoto wrote: Interestingly enough, I started reading the series on the back of my husband's motorcycle on a moto-camping trip with a bunch of friends.  I was almost dreading coming home, wondering what horrific things I would discover upon our return!

You are a much braver person than me.

Motorcycles are one of those things in life that terrify me.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 16th 2024, 7:19 am