Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Marcher Lord Press has new owner!

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Marcher Lord Press has new owner! Empty Marcher Lord Press has new owner!

Post  Paeter February 6th 2014, 10:05 am

I'm probably going to talk about this on the podcast soon, and have sent an e-mail in hopes of an interview with the new owner, but here's the basic news from their newsletter and press release:

As many of you have read on our blog or other industry web sites, there has been a big change with Marcher Lord Press. Since we didn’t get a newsletter sent out to you in January, we’re including the news here.

Industry veteran Steve Laube has officially purchased Marcher Lord Press from Jeff Gerke. A question & answer session on the sale can be found here.(http://marcherlordpress.us4.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=7e5d302e42fe5e556d7284adc&id=333e913d4f&e=d4bc960e3c) The official press release is as follows:

STEVE LAUBE BUYS MARCHER LORD PRESS

(January 1, 2014 – Phoenix, AZ) Steve Laube, president of The Steve Laube Agency, has agreed to purchase Marcher Lord Press, the premier publisher of Science Fiction and Fantasy for the Christian market. The sale was finalized on January 1, 2014.

Laube has long been a champion of the genre, going back to his days as an acquisition editor at Bethany House Publishers. Jeff Gerke, the founder of Marcher Lord Press, said “I could not have found a better person to buy the company I started in 2008.” Marcher Lord Press has a backlist of about 40 titles with many of them nominated for or winning both Christy and Carol awards for being the best in their genre.

The new Marcher Lord Press will be run as a separate company from Steve Laube’s literary agency. The agency, founded in 2004, has four agents and over 150 active authors (www.stevelaube.com) and has negotiated contracts for nearly 1,000 new books. Gerke will focus his efforts on his freelance editorial and publishing services business and his own writing (www.jeffgerke.com).

“The plan is to continue with what Jeff started and release between 4-8 new titles in 2014,” Laube said. “I have long believed that this genre has been underserved in our industry despite its inherent ability to tell ‘Fantastic’ stories of philosophical and theological depth.”

www.spiritblade.com

Current date/time is May 16th 2024, 12:22 am